Conquest questions?????

mamatrouble

Looking to go out of NO on a cruise next year...can't decide between Carnival and RCCL. Any help would be great....going though cruising withdrawl and driving hubby crazy. Also if you book a suite on Conquest what ammenties come with it?....thx again DEBBIE

I was not a fan of the Conquest, in fact it ranked in the bottom 2 or 3 of my 23 cruise. What I did not like have to do with personal tastes... the ship was very crowded. It was a holiday week and there were 3500 peopl eon board. This ship should not sail with more than 2700-2800. The itierary is just aweful... in terms of ordinary, but most of Carnival's Caribbean itineraries follow the same path. Finally, the ship is just not laid out well. Having everything conveniently located in one hallway causes major traffic jams throughout. Also, this was the only cruise where I sometimes could not find a deck chair in the sun. There was an in room announcement at 7:30 AM announcing bingo or something and a bar servers woke me up while sleeping in the sun to try to get me a drink.

That being said, the dining room experience was pleasant and the food was decent, improved from previous Carnival trips... On par with NCL or RCI.

Carnival Conquest alllllllllllllll the way. This is the one and only cruise I've been on (and I may be biased because it was my honeymoon) but we had a blast!!! How can you beat a great port city to top it all off??? You will be in food heaven (esp. if you love seafood) in NO and the Conquest.

I have sailed on both Royal and Carnival. Not with the ships you are asking about. I had a great time on all my cruises and mainly go with the best pricing. Was able to do the Voyager as it was a lot cheaper then Carnival (WOW)

But Carnival had more choices to do at night time then Royal.

We cruised on Conquest last October and are going back in March... Personally I cant compare Carnival to any other cruiseline since we have only cruised on Carnival... but we havent had a bad cruise yet.. Conquest is an awesome ship!!

Just got back from seven wonderful days on the Conquest. We are going to the agent's office tomorrow to book another one. It was wonderful. The only nights were there was a lot of traffic on level 5 were the formal nights. The first was worse than the second. Everyone was trying to get their formal pictures taken. There were numerous stations, and the station you picked only had like 5 families in line, but so many people were walking around looking at the different backdrops, it was a little crazy. Not bad enough to ruin our good time though. Highly reocmmend the Conquest. Let me know if you have specific questions. I also live in New Orleans if you need suggestions for a place to stay.

Cathy

I have been in NO for 2 nights and can't wait to go back but any insider info would be great. Looking at staying in Conv. area since its closest to terminal. Last time stayed at the Hotel St. Marie just off Burbon street and it was great. Planning on a couple of days before and after as we will have 2 weeks off. Did u get a chance to see any suites? We only cruise every two years so we get a suite. THX DEBBIE

Always find it amazing at how many people complain about cruising. We have cruised 14 times and have NEVER been disappointed! We have been on 3 different lines and have loved everyone. No such thing as a bad cruise or a bad vacation! A day off work with those you love is a grand day....especially in the Carribean! Conquest is hard to beat---we've been on her 3 times and going for #4 in the Fall! Lighten up and enjoy folks! Happy Sailing everyone!

Archived