Forget the doc dance! It the email dance for Princess now!

M.S JAZO

Princess moves to electronic tickets

5/9/2006

Starting this week Princess Cruises passengers will receive their travel documents electronically as the line becomes the first in the industry to convert completely to electronic ticketing.

This is just a bit from the entire story on Seatrader insider. I think it sucks.

Passengers will continue to receive by mail Princess’ package of pre-cruise documents including a welcome letter, Cruise Answer Book, Adventures Ashore excursion booklet, passage contract, Princess Travel Care details (if applicable) and luggage tags. Travelers without Internet access can receive their travel summary and boarding pass from their travel agent or ask Princess to mail a copy of the summary.

Another bit of the story. So ok, we still get some stuff in the mail but now we have to print the docs and they wont come in a nice folder all ready to go. Bummer.

Sppunk,

I agree with you, why bother to make us bring anything or send anything out? Just more to lose. They can have everything there when you check in and show your passport - luggage tags with the porters.

I used to love getting my documents in the mail and searching through them but now that Princess has so much online - booking excursions, spa appointments, etc. it isn't as exciting.

Wondering WHEN does this actually start!??

We get on Sea Prin 11/11 -- so will we NOT get something in mail??

We got our pre-cruise package with shore excursion book & cruise answe book several weeks prior to final payment. So of course got no luggage tags -- guess that will come later on in the mail!!!

yes the e tickets is new; however it is only available to US passengers. Which was too bad as we just booked for a cruise in 30 days from now and we have to pay extra to have them couriered, would of loved the e ticket option.

Miss the nice packaging too.

vickie

I agree. If you have internet and email access, paper of any type is a waste of time, effort and money.

When you book a cruise they (TA or Princess) should just ask if you want electronic or paper docs. If you select paper, it's just like it used to be. Select electronic and everything should be available by email or online.

The airlines did it years ago and went to e-tickets. Now they charge you an extra fee if you want a paper ticket. Cruiselines will do the same.

Archived