NCL Jewel?

crazidude1400

What do you mean by bad?

About 2000 people set sail with her each week. You might want to read some reviews that have been posted here to help you better understand what is good and bad. In the past 60 days, I would say that there have been at least 20 reviews from people just getting off. You might want to read those and make your own decisions.

We were on the Jewel back in Feb. The crew seemed to be in the early stages of breaking then but we really enjoyed it. In fact we enjoyed it so much we booked the Pearl (sister ship) for Jan next year. We found it very bright and modern. Great food... Cagney's and L'Bistro in particular.

Like Cruissandr & NotMyRealName, I was on the Jewel (March 06) and have booked the Pearl for January 07. On Sunday we sail on the Spirit.

Clean ship, great food, fun shows. We prefer Freestyle because we love to be able to dine just the two of us. It creates a feeling intimacy and privacy despite being on a large ship. We get to socialize as we choose instead of be assigned to a large table with people whom we don't know.

That's our take on it, but read the reviews (good & bad) to get a better overall view. ;)

We sailed on her in Feb and will be on her sister ship the Pearl in Feb 2007. We loved it. Enjoyed having breakfast at Cagenys. The ship is terrible? Why?

troll-bg-mini.jpg

The Jewel is one of the best ships in the NCL fleet. Currently the newest with a great crew. I cruised on the Jewel in Sept 05 transatlantic and found little that I did not love. The outdoor space even better then the Dawn. The station layout of the buffet and the addition of the Great outdoors great.

I don't believe you will find many negative reviews of this ship and that is unusual since at least one person normally gets off every cruise with a tale of woe.

Thanks for reminding me about The Great Outdoors - my positively favourite spot on the ship!

That's the first I've heard of the 'The Great Outdoors' - what/where is that on the ship?

The ship is terrible, never again will i sail norwegian

Why??

Everything I've read and heard so far - I am counting the days til we sail her in Nov!:D

We cruised on the Jewel last Dec. and we loved it. We loved it so much we are going on it again this Dec. I would like to stress that this is my opinion and as you can see everyone has one. Before we left last year, I read every posting on this board concerning NCL and the Jewel. I left on that trip informed and educated. We loved the freestyle dining and the ship itself. The staff was wonderful too. Hopefully, this helps you.

That's the first I've heard of the 'The Great Outdoors' - what/where is that on the ship?

Why??

Everything I've read and heard so far - I am counting the days til we sail her in Nov!:D

You probably will never know why he/she hated the ship or whether they are for real or not. Not all reviews about her are 100% positive buy I don't think I have read one that claims she is terrible. Like Shoreguy we were on her a year ago and had the time of our lives. The ship was great, the food wonderful in most cases, the people, both passengers and crew were the best 95% of the time. We ran into a few less than pleasant passengers, but that is bound to happen on any cruise: never saw a crew person that I didn't love. She is a wonderful ship and I am sure NCL is very proud of her. NMNita

Why??

The Great Outdoors is an outdoor (most of it is covered, but no walls on the sides) "cafeteria" at the aft of the ship on Deck 12. They serve burgers dogs, salads, fries, some pasta, and a few other dishes. Great place to avoid the crowds in the buffet and a terrific view from the back of the ship!:)

It's wonderful to hear from someone who has never posted before and probably will not post again. thanks for your insight and details on why the shiip is terrible!

NMnita

Never posted?

I used to have an account and i forgot the password so i had to start a new account! I'm just trying to give some info about the ship that I didnt like. Think before you speak NMita

Very interesting. Very first post and no details. No story. No nothing.

Actually, maybe he/she posted before but lost their login and password.

Thank you. You are the first person to realize that. I have gone on 5 cruises and I'm am plenty familiar with this site.

Archived