Grandeur of the seas JS Pics

Rodoverer

I don't have any pictures but having been on the grandeur several times this summer I had quite a few opportunities to see what the junior suites look like. The room did not seem much bigger then a balcony although square footage wise it is. The bathroom was quite nice. But the biggest drawback was that about 1/2 of the suites I walked by on embarkation day had a pole somewhere in the middle of the room which really seemed to affect the layout of the room. Obviously not all of the suites had it so I would probably if I had a choice book a junior suite without a pole. You may already be aware of this issue or not be bothered by it but I thought it was important to me personally.

Come to think about it we had a pole in the middle of our room as well but it was at the end of the bed and really didn't get in the way. I t is bigger than as regular balcony room. WE traveled on Grandeur in a JS January of 2003. Last winter I booked us a D1 on AOS, as my husband said he really didn't care. There was a big difference in room size. When we walked in the D1, my DH said "hate it", guess he did really care. The JS's on the Grandeur aren't as big as the JS's on the Voyager class but there is definately a difference, especially if you're traveling with more than 2 people. Grandeur-245 sq. ft., balcony 58 sq. ft. vs Adventure-277 sq. ft., balcony 69 sq. ft. I'll e-mail you a couple of pictures if you'll post you're e-mail address.

Thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful pics! I'll be sailing on Grandeur this Sunday to Bermuda and we have a deck 7 aft junior suite...all the way aft on the back of the ship.....looking forward to it and I loved seeing your photos! The rooms look nice! I don't really understand the pole thing....I saw the pole but wonder why it is there? :rolleyes: I have to say, though, the beds looked like bricks....they look like they would be very hard...I hope they sleep beter than they look in the photos! Otherwise, the rooms look just fine and the ship seems to be in Grand shape, no pun intended!;) Thanks again for sharing, it really adds to the anticipation of a cruise!!!

Our bed was more comfortable than it looked. I sent a message to Royal Caribbean asking for an eggcrate before we sailed and it was on there, believe it or not. We slept well. The upgraded beds next year are being widely anticipated here on the boards!

We have had JS on the Rhapsody on several occasions, and no pole. I was unaware that any of these cabins had a pole in the middle of them.

Can anyone list the cabin numbers that have poles, so that we may avoid them in the future?

Thanks,

Hypo

I posted alot more pictures. Many are wonderful sunrise and sunset views from our balcony, also interesting pilot boat and buoy shots. There are some shots of the Grandeur passing beneath the Key Bridge leaving Baltimore and the Cheapeake Bay Bridge at Annapolis.

There is a refrigerator in the Junior Suite.

I contacted them through royalcaribbean dot com . Click on customer support and there is a spot to click on email us. You fill out a form with your name and cruise information. Hope this helps.

But the biggest drawback was that about 1/2 of the suites I walked by on embarkation day had a pole somewhere in the middle of the room which really seemed to affect the layout of the room. or not

Is that for pole dancing? Cool if it was.

Dr. Evil :)

Here is a link to some shots I took of our suite 8-18-06: (there are 2 albums, I'm new at this!).

Hi! Thank You so much for sharing your pictures! Beautiful!!!!!!!!! You all have me so excited I can't even think of anything else!!!!!! We usually go to Key West every November and we aren't going this year, and it's starting to hit me (the fall weather does it), that NEED to go to Key West and so the cruise hopefully will be as good.

Mary

Archived