Shore excursions now online

Pudgesmom

I just checked out the Windstar website for the first time in a long while.

The shore excursion were available for on-line booking for our January Windsurf cruise. There was also a downloadable cruise excursion booklet.

Unfortunately, the excursions listed in the booklet did not match up too closely with the ones offered online. I think I'll wait a couple of days to see where the dust settles.

Is this new? If not, has anyone here tried it yet? Unfortunately, they also do not list the Discover Scuba dives, and I know we'll be signing up for some of those. The shore excursions require a 5 day cancellation.

Beth

I tried the Shore Excursion link for our November trip, but got an error message saying "Shore Excursion Space Requests are no longer being accepted for this sailing". This for a cruise two and a half months away.

I'd say not all the bugs are worked out yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to use the link a couple of days ago myself.

I did learn that you have to complete the first part of the booking, then later specify how many and which cabin members are going on a specific excursion. My husband is a golfer; I am not.

It seems to work fine now. However, the listed excursions do not quite match the ones in the shore excursion brochure on line. Additionally, there is no listing for diving options once on board.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

For all it's worth...

I was on the 9/16 Istanbul to Athens WindStar sailing.

We pre-booked our shore excursions online about 10 days prior to sailing.

Our booking requests were correctly received and registered by the ship staff and correctly billed to the credit card. In our situation, there was not a lot of variance between the other material Windstar distributed re: shore excursion details and what they actually were.

In a nutshell...prebooking shore excursions on line saved us having to do it once onboard and gave us the peace of mind that we were booked on the tours we wanted. We experienced no other problems with it...the ship staff was aware of what we had booked and our credit card was billed for what we booked and only what we booked.

Archived