eTicket Check-In

CroozBlooz

I just took a look at the details for the new e-ticketing, coming soon to Princess. It appears that only Elite members and full suite passengers will be provided with "preferred" check-in. Currently, I believe Platinum and above, as well as mini-suites and above, get preferred check-in. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm not sure how this is going to work - but when I got into our Cruise Personalizer today it gave me the option of printing boarding passes and we are NOT booked in a suite.

Reading the article on the main page it looks to me like as long as your Immigration Papers are filled out and your cruise is paid in full, you will have this option.

But does this mean no standing in any lines while boarding? Not sure but I'm anxious as to how this will work.

Also read that it starts with Nov. 17th cruises (I'm on the 18th)

But does this mean no standing in any lines while boarding? Not sure but I'm anxious as to how this will work.

Seems to me they are still going to require to see everyone's credit card before boarding....and to issue cruise cards. And that will mean standing in a line.

I'm not sure how this is going to work - but when I got into our Cruise Personalizer today it gave me the option of printing boarding passes and we are NOT booked in a suite.

Reading the article on the main page it looks to me like as long as your Immigration Papers are filled out and your cruise is paid in full, you will have this option.

This new procedure will have nothing to do with lines for boarding. In fact, I can't see any check in steps it will ease, just the opposite. You will still have to have your CC scanned, still sign the agreement which now will have to be printed off as you don't have that section in your cruise documents already signed anymore, so that they can charge to that account, still get your cruise card. But they will also have to check the manifest to find your name, so it might even make the check in process longer from the way I am seeing it.

Only thing I can see this doing is saving the cruise lines the postage of mailing out the second set of documents and keeping documents from being lost or misdirected in the mail.

I guess they call this progress??????

I just took a look at the details for the new e-ticketing, coming soon to Princess. It appears that only Elite members and full suite passengers will be provided with "preferred" check-in. Currently, I believe Platinum and above, as well as mini-suites and above, get preferred check-in. Does anyone know if this is true?

Not sure if this is a typo, which Princess is well known for, or if they are changing things. If they change this, I know a lot of Platinum Members that are going to be a bit hot over it. Currently, mini suites are not actually considered suites, so they do not have perferred boarding.

If memory serves me correctly, anyone that has filled their documents out totally online before they board receives priority boarding, but things have recently changed and they have added the perfered boarding also for Elite and Suite passengers. Gosh, this is beginning to get a bit complicated, they are changing things so frequently anymore we will all need a scorecard to remember it. And we cruise several times each year and it is still a bit confusing. :eek: :eek:

It looks like there are a few different topics here and it is confusing things. I'll answer from what I know from Princess as a cruise TA.

The new e-ticketing and check-in is different from the priority embarkation. There will still be preferential embarkation perks given by past guest status.

The new e-ticketing that was announced today is a new program that will eliminate paper tickets for ALL Princess guests on ALL ships by the middle of November. There will be no more blue ticket booklet and instead guests will use a printed e-boarding pass.

There will continue to be a pre-cruise mailing with the frequently asked question book, passenger contract, luggage tags and Princess care info, etc.

The e-tickets will be available sooner than the existing process and I believe I read the target was 75 days prior to sailing availability.

I don't know how this will slow down the process. Royal Caribbean has been doing this for awhile now and the check-in is MUCH faster. You walk up to the counter and hand over a piece of paper and the agent scans a barcode, which brings you right up on their screen. The bottom of the form has your CC authorization , which you should have already signed. The only step to do is to swipe your card and you are on the ship. No more flipping through paper books and having agents typing and trying to find you in their computer. It also makes document tracking and resending a much easier process.

How long until the "death of the doc dance" posts start? :-)

Michael

Archived