Cruise price dropped - NCL plays dumb

maddmaxx

It has to one heck of deal for me to package hotels or air with a cruiseline trip. They sure take this opportunity to fire up the smoke and bring out the mirrors. In the end, you pay more than you could on your own. You are LOCKED into their schedule and you get treated like cattle. Not my way to travel.

The one exception you might want to make would be on a Repo cruise. On the upcoming Dream Repo I priced every major airline and the cheapest flights were by far with NCL (closest was $600 pp more). Actually that meant getting a round trip to London...it was cheaper than one-way. :rolleyes:

I never saw him answer the key question of whether he was trying to apply the price drop BEFORE or AFTER final payment date.

It makes a huge difference in deciding whether the complaint is legitimate or not.

He definitely should be able to apply a price drop before final payment date.

He shouldn't expect to be able to after final payment date.

Since the OP has made other posts to this thread and not replied to that question, I have made my own conclusion.

-Monte

Exactly! Was your final payment already made when the price dropped?

I have never heard of anyone getting an adjustment after final payment has been made due to a price drop.

You are being completely unreasonable if you think you can do that. No other cruise line would do that including Disney.

If you have been on as many "rides" as you claim you should know that.

Actually on Carnival you can. I just got $140 OBC two weeks ago for our cruise on Monday. This is way past the final payment date plus we were able to keep our two cat upgrade.

Dave

Actually on Carnival you can. I just got $140 OBC two weeks ago for our cruise on Monday. This is way past the final payment date plus we were able to keep our two cat upgrade.

Dave

Well good for you. What exactly was this for?

Well good for you. What exactly was this for?

It was for a drop in price for the cruise. CCL refunded the difference in current fare vs original fare. This was the second big drop on the cruise. Before final payment, I was able to go from an IS GTY to a OV GTY and still got a $20 refund.

Dave

Archived