Cabin with pullman bed question

emilygrace

My friend and I are booked in an E2 cabin on the Jewel. According to the deck plans, this cabin has a sofabed AND a pullman bed. This was one of the last non-connecting E2s available when we booked, so we took it, even though there are only two of us traveling.

Will the pullman make the room seem smaller even though it will never be opened? I know some of them drop down from the ceiling, but I saw a photo somewhere here and the pullman was just folded up against a side wall and really extended into the room. I have to say the photo was not of an E2, so that's why I'm asking if anyone knows about the pullmans in the E2 category cabins. I'm praying for the ceiling kind!

I've kept an eye out, hoping to change cabins, but this category has been sold out for over a year and nothing has become available, even after final payment. To move to another standard balcony cabin on this sailing is more than double what we paid!

Thanks for your help!

Don't know about the Jewel, but we were just on the Mariner in an E2 and used the Pullman bed. When fully stowed, it is in the ceiling and completely invisible. Once out for use, it is only returned to the half-stowed position against the wall. That might be what you are seeing in the picture. Having been on the Grandeur which dates to 1996, RC was already using the ceiling beds in that ship, so no reason to think they would go to wall beds on the newer Jewel.

Archived