Soda Cards?

awaflyboy

Does anyone know if they will sell a can of soda on board, if so, how much? I cant remember what a glass costs in the dining room and if they gave me the can or not. Just checking as we usually bring our own for the room, but just enough for a few days and then fill up when at a port. We are doing a B2B ( dont know if I could use same card for both legs) This cruise looks like there wont be a lot of ports to buy soda and dont know if its worth it when we do.

Just curious about when HAL changed to the punch card. On the Veendam in March, my brother just got a sticker to put on his Sign & Sail card that was good for unlimited soft drinks. Of course, it was a gift from his TA so that may make a difference.

The card is $18.00 plus 15% (total $20.70) as all items purchased from the bars. They may say it is for cans, but you DO NOT get cans, they open a can and pour it in a glass, if it all fits, fine, if not, they set the can with the other open cans of soda/mix. Be sure to bring your tumbler if you have one as they hold more and you will get the whole can. We have used this twice, once on the Rotterdam and once on the Maasdam.

Ed/Jeff

What do

The card is $18.00 plus 15% (total $20.70) as all items purchased from the bars. They may say it is for cans, but you DO NOT get cans, they open a can and pour it in a glass, if it all fits, fine, if not, they set the can with the other open cans of soda/mix. Be sure to bring your tumbler if you have one as they hold more and you will get the whole can. We have used this twice, once on the Rotterdam and once on the Maasdam.

Ed/Jeff

What d

Ed/Jeff

What do you

Ed/Jeff

What's this about bring your tumbler? Do you mean bring one from home, or is one given out with the purchase of the card?

On our July 28-August 4 cruise on the Zaandam, it was explained to me by the front desk (and says right on the back of the card) that you can ONLY get fountain sodas. Not cans. Yet the bartender in many places had to open a can to pour me a drink, not having fountain soda at that spot. It's a confusing policy. Does anyone have the actual card? Could you please post exactly what it says on the back? One of the show lounge bar girls told me I could only get 'regular' soda. She meant fountain-only, not cans, but I was pretty confused, hence the trip to the front desk to ask.

We had three soda cards by the end of our cruise. (One we purchased before the beverage manager traded the two bottles of wine our TA gave us (we don't drink alcohol) for two soda cards.) No way could we drink 60 sodas! I did my best but we still had 16 left at the end. Ours was not dated so I found a couple waiting to board and gave it to them. They were very appreciative!

Robin

From the back of the card:

Holland America Line's Soda Fountain Card Terms & Conditions

• Each Soda Card is valid for 20 glasses of Fountain Soda.
  • A Bar Server will clip off a portion of your card each time a glass of Fountain Soda is served.
  • The Soda Card cannot be used as part of the Stateroom Mini Bar service.
  • The Soda Card cannot be used for Room Service.
  • The Soda Card may be used during opening hours of the onboard bars and on Half Moon Cay.
  • Please consult you Daily Program for bar opening hours.
  • Fountain Soda includes and is limited to: Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Ginger Ale & Club Soda.
  • Card valid only for the duration of the cruise.

That's what the back of ours says. Strange, isn't it? We never got a fountain soda ... always poured from a can. And since there's no date anywhere on the card, how can they know if the card was issued on that particular cruise? I'm thinking this may be wording left over from the old unlimited soda card.

If not too cumbersome and time permits....It may be best to pick up some Soda at your departure city and hand carry onboard. I'm sure like you will find can or bottle of soda for less than the $2.00 cost.

hmmm $2.00 @ 2-3times per day for 12+days for 2 :eek:

I've carried my own soda's in the past and will continue to do so, and have my preferred soda.:)

Archived