Soda Cards?

awaflyboy

Soda cards on HAL are $18 for 20 sodas. The card is punched each time you use it. Their is also a spot on the back for them to write the dates it's valid (for your cruise only), however I have one from my cruise that was only punched six times and is not dated (if someone is interested).

We found that it's also ok to share a soda card. We couldn't possibly drink 20 sodas each in a week, so that works out nicely. You only get one drink holder that way, but the soda cards work for a glass of soda at any of the bars too. You can bring your own insulated drink holder so that you have two, or just wing it.

Soda cards on HAL are $18 for 20 sodas. The card is punched each time you use it. Their is also a spot on the back for them to write the dates it's valid (for your cruise only), however I have one from my cruise that was only punched six times and is not dated (if someone is interested).

I'll be on a HAL cruise this February. I'm interested. Are you offering it for free or selling it (if so how much)?

Joe

edit: added email

jrogers283@hotmail.com

The price of the soda cards depend on the length of your cruise. We have paid as much as $125 for a longer cruise and as little as $18.75 for a shorter cruise. We were told many years ago that two people can not share a card. That would be cheating. I know that some waiters look the other way but it costs the rest of us in the long run to do that. If you can afford a cruise surely you can afford a few dollars for a soda card?

Are you offering it or selling it? I'd love to get it to my travel buddy, he's a paramedic thats going on the cruise with me and he's worried about costs since he's just now getting back to work after having his ambulance run into by a drunk driver while he was responding to an accident so he's short on funds and I'd love to get it for him as a surprise.

Sorry, Kakalina, if I led you to believe we shared our drink card to save a few bucks. We did buy two, but the bartenders usually grabbed just one card and marked off both sodas on that. We ended up with 14 drinks left on one card and 2 on the other. It had simply occured to me that it wasn't necessary to buy both cards next time.

You're definitely right, in that if you can afford a cruise you can afford the soda cards. Thanks for catching that for me.

Donna

I have read various posts about the size of the glass of soda, either inconsistent or quite small, by soda standards.

HAL allows you to bring your own soda aboard and this is what I do. This way you get what you want, when you want it and it's the least costly option, if you are a big time soda drinker, as I am.

I drink it in my cabin, in the Lido and occasionally I have brought my own beloved nectar, Dr. Pepper to a bar as a chaser for purchased Sambuca.

Oh yeah, I am one savvy cruiser:)

When H/M Mr. Deering was here in Las Vegas in June we talked about the Soda Cards. They are no longer unlimited and they are a flat charge good for 20 sodas. They are for cans of soda, they no longer have fountain drinks for this card. It is my understanding that if you do not use the card in full it can be used on your next HAL cruise.:) If I remember right the price is $18.00. We plan to buy one for Tom on our upcoming 4 day cruise on the Veendam, I am sure he will not use all of it so we will bring it with us when we go on the Zaandam in November.

I sure hope you can use the soda card on a subsequent cruise! If you've paid for 20 sodas then you shoulc be able to get 20 sodas!

I'll be seeing for myself in October. I bought a soda card for my grandgirl when we were on the Volendam; there's still sodas left on it and I plan to bring it on the Voyage of the Spammed.

Sorry, Kakalina, if I led you to believe we shared our drink card to save a few bucks. We did buy two, but the bartenders usually grabbed just one card and marked off both sodas on that. We ended up with 14 drinks left on one card and 2 on the other. It had simply occured to me that it wasn't necessary to buy both cards next time.

You're definitely right, in that if you can afford a cruise you can afford the soda cards. Thanks for catching that for me.

Donna

Donna: I am sorry if you felt that was a slam. I did not mean you in particular I speaking of you in the general sense :o

I sure hope you can use the soda card on a subsequent cruise! If you've paid for 20 sodas then you shoulc be able to get 20 sodas!

I'll be seeing for myself in October. I bought a soda card for my grandgirl when we were on the Volendam; there's still sodas left on it and I plan to bring it on the Voyage of the Spammed.

Ruth, you will get to find out before we do. We will buy the soda care on September 24th and hope to finish using it when we board the Zaandam November 16th. Looking forward to what you find out.:)

We got our docs today. it siad 20.70 for 20 soda card. thats for 10/21/2006 cruise.

The card is $18 and then, as I understand it, they add 10% for a tip as they do with all bar drinks. I was also told for most items, like the soda cards, that you pre-purchase for your cruise you are charged Washington state sales tax.

Ruth,

Some of the cards that my family recieved had the cruise date (8/25) written on the back. Under the Terms & Conditions on the back of the card is a line that reads, "Card valid only for the duration of the cruise." As long as the date isn't written on your card you should have no problem using it on another cruise.

Also, the cards are for glasses of soda (again per the terms) which only includes Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Ginger Ale, and Club Soda -- though my sister always requested cherry in her Coke. It can also only be used at the bars on board and at Half Moon Cay, not through room service.

The card is $18.00 plus 15% (total $20.70) as all items purchased from the bars. They may say it is for cans, but you DO NOT get cans, they open a can and pour it in a glass, if it all fits, fine, if not, they set the can with the other open cans of soda/mix. Be sure to bring your tumbler if you have one as they hold more and you will get the whole can. We have used this twice, once on the Rotterdam and once on the Maasdam.

Ed/Jeff

raadsel,

Thank you, I emailed you my address.

The card is $18.00 plus 15% (total $20.70) as all items purchased from the bars. They may say it is for cans, but you DO NOT get cans, they open a can and pour it in a glass, if it all fits, fine, if not, they set the can with the other open cans of soda/mix.
Yep! We were shocked to learn this on our recent Noordam cruise. On prior cruises we always got the can. Not any more. :( Personally, I think this is cheap of HAL. C'mon ... we paid for the entire can. GIVE US THE CAN! (Saves the bartender time, too.)

Yep! We were shocked to learn this on our recent Noordam cruise. On prior cruises we always got the can. Not any more. :( Personally, I think this is cheap of HAL. C'mon ... we paid for the entire can. GIVE US THE CAN! (Saves the bartender time, too.)

Could't one just go to the bar and ask for 2 or three cans and just give them the card and say you plan to drink them later in your cabin. Which is exactly what Tom always does but we have never purchase the card before. We usually end up spending a lot of money because he just uses the ones from the Mini Bar or on the last dayhe goes down and purchases several cans and brings them back to the cabin after they have locked up the Mini bar.

Archived