Questions for those that have travelled over the 4th of July

JLTMET56

We have been fortunate enough to not have to travel over school holidays or summer vacations so have always been able to get better deals and less crowds..however, we are travelling with a large group next year over the 4th of July (Victory out of Miami) ..trip is already booked , however, a majority of the travellers already live in Florida and another group (because they have the time) are driving down..there leaves another handful of us that will need airfare (some will use frequent flier miles some will not),,my questions are given the fact that we are going over a popular vacation week should we book airfare and a priceline hotel as soon as we can ....we are close to Boston and Manchester airport ...I know even now I cant do anything but while I'm good at waiting for a great airfare I'm not so sure waiting over a big holiday vacation week is a good idea..what do you think..thanks..Jodi

You can get air fare only at 300 days out. I would book the air as soon as you are comfortable with the price. I looked at my air for TAmpa the day they came out. Got it for 123 pp roundtrip including all taxes and service charges.

As far as hotels...its a holdiay weekend. If you keep getting turned down for the hotel using priceline keep trying.

I been trying very hard to get a hotel in Washington for the week of Oct 18 for a few months now. Today I still get turned down- even as going high as 150 for a 3* hotel. WOW.

I just flew Continental from Newark to Orlando on June 30th and returned on July 8th and got it for $250 a person. When you fall within the 300 day range for airfare you may want to shop around before buying. I know I have seen airfare drop a few hundred dollars in a day. Also keep in mind that it may be worth flying down a day or two early or staying a day after the cruise if the airfare is significantly cheaper. Although I do recommend flying down at least a day in advance no matter what.

If you all book together with the same airline, even if you do not fly out of the same airport, you should be able to book sooner if you have at least 12 people. Groups can book like a year ahead of time.

Cathy

Archived