Help to decide Navigator, Freedom, Magic, Triumph? Kids 3,5 & 6

CRUISIN'MAMA2006

Looking to plan a great family cruise! Please help

We are looking to go on a family cruise without any additional helpers. We have always taken my parents or both Grandmas. We had lots of sets of hands and built in babysitters for our children when the went to bed.

WE have 3 children under 6. We have been on the Carnival Pride, The Vision of the seas and Disney Magic. Our children did not go into the childrens programs on any but Disney. They went for 2 hours (computers were broken, lots of kids and they lost a child).

I have enjoyed RCI but know nothing of the quality of the childrens programs

Carnival is 1/2 the price of RCI. Does that say something about quality? I have read lots about the never ending parties. Are there activities for the kids?

Disney was expensive, we didn't care for the pool decks and it really wasn't as GRAND as other cruiselines. Clean YES!!. The food was wonderful, as was the service. MY kids and I loved Castaway Cay

Any insight to experiences with little ones on any of these ships or suggestions on which to choose would be most helpful. Thank you

On RCCL I would choose Freedom over Navigator for your age kids, since Navigator doesn't have Adventure Beach and Freedom has the H20 Zone. Also, Freedom's itinerary stops at Labadee which is one of RCCL's private islands (I don't know if Navigator does or not). Freedom also has the advantage of having a lot of options for family staterooms from insides, promenades, oceanviews, up to suites that will accommodate a family of 5 without having to get 2 cabins.

I've heard great things about the kids programs on both RCCL and Carnival. RCCL does have in cabin babysitting which can be nice in the evenings if you parents want some alone time.

Hey, we have almost the same screen name :D

And pretty much the same opinion about Magic. It was nice, but not the absolute best cruise ship you could ever go on. Just no "Wow" factor for me.

I have to say, we are booked to go on Freedom next. I have read so many reviews. I just can't wait. My kids will be 3 and 7 by the time we cruise again. Yes its pricey, but I am willing to pay for the best experience out there.

Have you seen the interactive site for Freedom? I look at it often when I need a little pick me up. ;)

http://www.freedomoftheseas.com/?sid=7

We took Grandkids 5,5 4 & 3 on the Triumph last year and everyone had a great time. We did have other adults along, though. They loved Camp Carnival; since we haven't taken kids on any other cruises I can't compare the kid's programs, but the Triumph's was great.

Either the 'party' ship atmosphere has been greatly exaggerated or has been toned down as we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary as far as raucous behavior. However, we aren't the late-night party types, even without the four kids, so we may have missed any carrying-ons.

Archived