Has bedding been upgraded on the Summit?

elena7seas

I was looking at the pictures of the Summit veranda staterooms on Travelocity, and the deluxe veranda staterooms appeared to have new bedding (gold/eggplant/merlot floral), but not the Concierge staterooms, which had the same old orange checked bedspread.

Can anyone who has been on the Summit recently comment on whether new bedding is being installed in any of the staterooms? I am particularly interested in the condition of the Concierge staterooms?

We are on the Summit in November, and it would be wonderful if the new bedding is in place by then.

Thanks so much!

Maggiesweet...I hope you have a great trip, and I look forward to hearing from you when you return. If the bedding has not been changed yet, perhaps you will hear some "informed rumours" from the Summit's staff about when the new bedding is expected.

Tuggers...looking closely, I think you may be right about the "stock picture", as the furniture details are not the same as in the veranda stateroom. Ah well...maybe the picture is of the new bedding that is intended for the Summit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elena,

Just got back last night and the bedding has definitely not been upgraded. Looking a bit worn in my opinion, but we had such a good time that I didn't even care. :) I didn't get a chance to ask anyone if they knew, but based on the wear, I would think it must be soon.

The staff is fabulous and we had the time of our lives. In fact, we took a 3-day cruise on another line right after the Summit and there was NO comparison. We kept walking around wishing we were back on Celebrity. :)

Have a good cruise!

Tammy

What is the emoticon to use for a pout?

Thanks for the info chessbriar even though it is not what I wanted to hear.

I guess I will have to rough it in our FV with no beds to make or dishes to wash, being waited on hand and foot. It is going to be rough.....:rolleyes:

I suppose I will just have to rely on the gentle movements of the ship to lull me into a deep and restful sleep. :)

Happy Travels

Cindy

I beieve some of those are 'stock' photos and not necessarily of the exact ship.

Hi Gail !

That is the case. Many of the photos are generic to M-Class, or C-Class ships, and not the specific Celebrity ship, so everyone should beware of this.

I love Celebrity and after this last trip they have definitely won my heart. My one and ONLY consistent complaint is that none of the beds that I've experienced on Celebrity are comfortable. It's not so bad that I wake up in pain, but just that I don't get that "ahhhhhhhhhh" feeling when I fall into bed at night.

As for the wear and tear on the Mercury, it was a year ago that I was onboard, and I'm not really one for noticing that kind of stuff unless it's really bad. I'm about the experience and the service and we had a fantastic time. I hope that you do too!! :)

Tammy

I had seen a press release from Celebrity in March 2006 giving the same information that Chessbriar reported, but was just hoping that things might be moving ahead of schedule. :rolleyes: I don't really mind that it won't be the new bedding, but we are bringing first-time cruisers with us on the Summit, and I am hoping they have a wonderful experience. However, I have warned them that the soft goods in the cabin might be showing their age, as the upgrades are due shortly after we sail. The bedding is not a deal-breaker by any means...it's just that we are sailing so close to the installation of the new bedding that it would have been nice...ah well...someone has to sail on the last few cruises before the upgrade.:o

We were on the Constellation last November, and had two egg-crates added to our mattress, and we were actually really comfortable. I have a very bad back, but I can say that I slept really well for the whole cruise. We were Concierge Class, and I especially enjoyed the pillows that we ordered from the "Pillow Menu".

Cindy....check out your bed as soon as you can when you board ship...in case you'd like to order the foam "egg crates"...I understand that demand sometimes outstrips supply, and the earlier you request them, the better.

48 days until we leave for Long Beach...I can hardly wait!!! :)

Cindy....check out your bed as soon as you can when you board ship...in case you'd like to order the foam "egg crates"...I understand that demand sometimes outstrips supply, and the earlier you request them, the better.

Will do. It won't be long now.

Happy Travels

Cindy

Just called Celebrity since earlier post had indicated Summit would be refurbished in 2007. They said refurbishing occurs every three years, the last time for the Summit was 3/05. So that means the bedding is fairly new. Am concerned it would look a little worn already as I really like my sleep.

Archived