Coral exercise classes

Sarahgraci

Ok, so I don't exercise, but I REALLY must start. Maybe I should try it on my upcoming cruise. Have you had any experience with classes on Princess ships? Are there any targeted for those who are totally beginning, overweight, and out of shape? Please let me know about your experiences! Thanks!

I'm not sure if Princess has classes oriented toward total beginners. But as a Personal Trainer, if you want to start exercising, just do it! You can always walk on a treadmill, walk around the deck, or just be sure to take the stairs instead of the elevators. I hope this helps out. If you have any questions, shoot me an email at jared@moveforwardfitness.com

Yay, Philly!! What a nice thing to do!!

One thing I might suggest to the OP is the Pilates class. Pilates is for everyone, but I feel it's important to start with an instructor so you get the basics right from the start. It's totally portable, you don't have to buy any equipment if you don't want to, and there are scads of books and videos available.

I plan to get Mom to the Pilates class and she's 70 and has been considered obese for decades. When I started I noticed results very quickly, and I think that's important for a non-exerciser, in order to stay motivated.

You should also start slowly on anything you do and work your way up to more, harder, better, whathaveyou. It's important to avoid injury and to let your body become accustomed to new movements and such.

Congratulations for deciding to take control of matters!! Good luck on your journey and have a great cruise!!

Archived