Spring Break/Singles Cruises?

Iuomo

First time poster. I have only been on 1 cruise, last thanksgiving, Carnival Victory, and thought it was a blast. It was with my family and although the experience was fun, I wanted to try something a little different. My friend and I have been kicking around the idea of going on a cruise. We are both 21, and I noticed the last cruise I was on wasn't exactly filled with single ladies anywhere close to my age. We were thinking something like a singles cruise, or even a spring break cruise, but have no idea what to expect. Any suggestions or information for us on what we should be looking for cruise wise? Has anyone ever been on a Spring Break or singles cruise? How are they, what are the people like age and gender wise? I just thought it would be cool to be on a boat with some people with a little more of the same interests and to have a little more fun.

Your input and time is greatly appreciated!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been on a singles/spring break "themed" cruise, but I have been on cruises at spring break. Some of them have had a lot of younger people and some did not. If you would like MHO, I think you guys should look for shorter cruises on older ships out of like Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Not sure where you wanted to sail from, but we went on the Carnival Fascination at SB twice for 4 days out of Miami. Both cruises had a good number of spring breakers as well as families and everyone else. The 4 day Carnival Imagination out of Miami was the same way. We also went on the Carnival Miracle which was brand new at the time out of Jacksonville for a 6 day and pretty much everyone was retired...totally different experience for us. Our friends went on the Carnival Inspiration at that same time out of Tampa on a 7 day and it was the exact same way. We (us & our friends) thought those cruises were still fun, but it could get a little boring out by the pool (no one was on deck on the Miracle) and in the bars at night.

I don't know if the combination we discovered always works (older ships, shorter cruises, big cruise embarkation ports), but it may help you guys find the type of cruise you're looking for. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just my two cents, I took a cruise out of Puerto Rico around prom time and there were three different groups celebration their promps aboard. Yes, most of them were from PR. The night club was soo pack every night with young pretty things that I felt kind of old with that group. All the dancing venues were packed as well, including the ones with soft music. Man, those Puerto Ricans really know how to Party. By the way, it was a Princess cruise, late May.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been booking several different "spring break" cruises over the past two months. Here are the most popular sailings that we have booked for spring breakers:

Carnival Liberty - 6 Day Western Caribbean - Sailing 3/11/07 from Ft. Lauderdale (min. age 21)

Star Princess - 7 Day Western Caribbean - Sailing 3/10/07 from Ft. Lauderdale (min. age 18)

Caribbean Princess - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Sailing 3/11/07 from Ft. Lauderdale (min. age 18)

There are also several shorter cruises out of Port Canaveral, Tampa, and Miami that are popular with spring breakers.

Also, try to find a travel agent that is already operating a group cruise for a spring break sailing. Many sailings are carrying extra perks such as $100 per stateroom onboard credit (Carnival Liberty 3/11/07), group discounts, or even a complimentary cocktail party including an open bar!

Archived