Help! I haven't been married since I was born, it just feels like it!

In a moment of enlightenment, I've just realized that my birth certificate does not have my married name on it (oh, really duh). Do I need to take something else to prove I'm me??

I forgot I haven't been married since birth..........

For Caribbean travel, you'll need a certified or original Birth Certificate and a Driver's License. I am assuming that your maiden name is also on your DL so there should be no problem. I never had a problem when I was married, but I chose to keep my own identity and not change my name :) I take a passport personally. If your DL doesn't have your maiden name on it as well as your married name, then maybe take a copy of your marriage license for back up. I've never heard of anyone having a problem, but I'd rather be safe if it were me. Have a great time!

You will get those that say you must take a copy of your marriage certificate or marriage license. I will tell you our experience with this matter. My wife has never taken a copy of her marriage certificate or license. Carnival has never questioned it at all or asked to see it. The last cruise we went on was the first time we had passports. All the previous times we just had drivers license and birth certificate.

Our TA always reminds us to take Marriage Liscense.We always have,and it has never been asked for.I think where it might be a bigger issue woudl be if something unlikely happened out of the Country,and you were dealing with their

Gov and not ours.A friends daughter was injured once while in Mexico on a cruise,they ended up having to fly back,and they gave them a big hassle about it.They ended up having to have the ML faxed to them...

It is just one thing to carry instead of a bunch of papers....it has your current name on it.....it will have a picture of you that you can laugh at for years to come.....what more could you ask for? :D

For Caribbean travel, you'll need a certified or original Birth Certificate and a Driver's License. I am assuming that your maiden name is also on your DL so there should be no problem. I never had a problem when I was married, but I chose to keep my own identity and not change my name :) I take a passport personally. If your DL doesn't have your maiden name on it as well as your married name, then maybe take a copy of your marriage license for back up. I've never heard of anyone having a problem, but I'd rather be safe if it were me. Have a great time!

EXACTLY!

Pholter is correct..

But don't 'all' states make you put your maiden name as your 'middle' name on the DL?

If not.....I would play it safe, as well, by taking the copy of ML for back up..

Would save yourself a hassle by going ahead and investing in a passport at some point..

Good Luck!

Well,I think as most of us have expressed.Even though they say you need it,most are never asked.Not wanting to have to deal with a what if..I bring mind.

As someone else pointed out,a passport is your best bet.However,if you are remarried now.I would think all you would still need is your BC,and marriage liscense representing your current name...oh,I see...on your marriage liscense it probably goes from your second married name huh??

I would try to get a PP if you have time.

On a side note,sorry about the death of your former,and your other hardships.

Hope this one is a blessing:)

As long as your documents and your photo ID are the same you wont be needing a marriage license.

The people that need to take that license are the people who just got married and had the documents issued in their new married name. The photo ID does not match the cruise documents.

Archived