Pool Poice!!!

TEXASMUNK

Just back from Rhapsody of the Seas. Gotta congratulate the Pool Patrol on the Ship.

Early Monday morning (first day at sea). A Group brought 5 streamers to the pool. Secured them to the first five deck chairs nearest the pool around 7:15 am (I happened to be getting the first cup of coffee for the day) and then left.

Went about my morning, came up onto the pool deck around 9:15am with the wife and grandson. There were the same 5 loungers with their streamers proudly proclaiming ownership.

About 10am the group showed up. Took their positions. 11:30am rolls around, they leave. I then proceeded to engage one of the pool patrol in conversaiton about "saving" chairs. Moments later there were 5 open deck loungers available.

Kudos to Rhapsody! Streamers were neatly removed and stacked safely away...they were claimed about 3 hours later by a very disgruntled guy.

Funny, they never waved ownership over any other deck chairs for the week.

We were on the Empress to Bermuda in July, and the Pool Police were enforcing the NO SAVE RULES. Saw many possessions taken and put aside for the passengers who plop their stuff, take off and don't return for hours.

I am still annoyed that you had to engage someone in conversation before something was done.

I really wish they your come up with a way to change this that would be the least offensive to all.

Many go without a chair and do not complain until they get home and post on these boards...

the pool patrol should have taken down the streamers LONGGGGGGGGG before you approached them...the bozoo who put it up should have been locked in his or her cabin for 24 hrs...see how they like them apples...but then again i'm an early person up and i can usually have what ever chair i want around the pool or up on the 2nd level...i have seen lot's of chairs at 7am with a hat and then the next with a book...then the next with a towel...then the next with a pair of sunglasses...then the next with sun tan lotion...if you want a good seat around the pool get your lazy butt out of bed...when we go on a cruise with a number of couples i tell them i don't save seats except for my wife... if you want to have a seat one of the two needs to get up and head up to the pool...sun up's in the caribbean are nice...litle chilly but nice...

I would have taken those streamers down myself!!!

RCCL needs to create an "area" where people can claim their stuff after it has been removed from deck chairs. Remember in kindergarten, we had cubby's for our stuff so we wouldnt lose it? Soemthing like that would work. They also need to post a sign over these cubby's saying they are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

This might encourage the deck/chair police to actually remove items from "saved" loungers!

Please dont hurt me....

Does the chair hogging apply to the upper deck chairs. I like to lay in a quiet away place. Hubs come up later and we go eat in the dining room. would I have to take all my stuff? I didnt last cruise because there were many many empty chairs.

Archived