Houston Bush to Galveston- Here is some helpful info

Brianinidaho

Like others, I was delighted to find cheap cruises out of Galveston. I was a little shocked when I found out the bus and taxi fares. Granted, it is 90 minutes away or so.

We have a party of 8. I looked on line at these options

1. Coach USA was $432 r/t

2. Several limos were about $225 each way plus tip and unsure if we would all fit any way.. there are several recommended ones on this board like Galveston Limo, Gulf Coast and South coast

3. Renting a car from Enterprises was $103 going down (includes $40 drop fee) and 83.92 coming back. For 2 cars for 8 of us that abut $375.

But then I discovered this:

There is a fleet division of Enterprise that rents 15 passanger vans. They said they would have the van at the airport at the normal car location, you pay for the day you drive down at $109, then check in the car without a drop fee, and on your return day you pick it back up for $109 and return it to the airport. That is $218 plus taxes... which is the best deal for 8 folks and all our luggage. I got confirmations sent, but this is a deal we plan on reconfirming before the trip.

Heck, I guess I could find at least 6 more folks needing a ride, charge them $40 each, and go for free! "Brian's one day limo service of texas" I can see the sign now!

Seriously,

The number for the van division of Enterprise is 281-540-1070.

Regular office for car rentals at Bush IAH is 281-230-8200 and regular cars at Galveston office number is 409-740-0700 if anyone needs it.

Brian

Archived