Any Recent criuisers of Soverign of the Seas

mollie jo

Interested in any recent reviews of this ship. I did a search and the most recent was from 2005. We are thinking of a short cruise on her during our fall break. The last time I sailed Royal Caribbean was on the Sun Viking!!!!

Anyone remember her? I've sailed on Disney and Carnival in recent years, so I know cruise ships have come a LONG way.

Thanks for any replys

I have cruised on the Sovereign three times with the latest on June 30th. She is now the oldest ship in the RCI fleet but went through a multi million dollar revitalization back in December of 04. I thought that she looked great in June. The only complaint I had was the A/C was not cold enough in my stateroom.

She does have very small cabins compared to the new builds but for a short cruise she is great. I have some photos of the ship in my link below.

We sailed on her the last week in August. We had a great time. The ship looks great. I posted a review in the review section on this site last week but it still hasn't shown up yet. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

BTW the A/C in our room was too cold. The cabins are small but who plans on just sitting around in the cabin anyway?:D

I also have a link to photos in my signature.

We were on there a month ago and have said it's a great short cruise. We had a blast and if we lived closer would maybe do more short cruises just to getaway for a weekender trip...so yes, you'll have a great time. Any cruise is to me anyhow.

As you can see from my link, we sail on her a lot. Going in October and then again in November. As Florida residents we can't pass up a $212.00 weekend!! She is a great ship for a weekend get-away. As already mentioned the cabins are small so don't expect much there. I don't think I could spend more then the 3-4 nights on her due to the cabin size. But otherwise, we always have a blast. I am sure you will too!!! Enjoy :)

Loved your pics SouthernDiva, and loved your live cruise postings Merion Mom - you must be a hoot to cruise with! 2Boxer, I've tried and tried to open your pictures, with no luck. A few questions now......

1) Is there a BIG show each evening? You know, the Broadway type musicals.

2) What time is the show? We are requesting early seating, so will we see it after dinner?

3) I have a 10 year old and a 15 year old. Any experience with these programs?

4) Is lobster served on the 3 night? I've read conflicting reports.

5) Is there any kind of Sail-away party like on Disney?

6) We have booked side-by-side interiors right by the elevators. Is this a noisy location? Should we try to change it?

7) Any good perks/deals for booking on board?

Thanks a bunch guys!

We - husband, 8 mo. old son and myself and our best friends, returned yesterday from the Sept. 4 sail.

Couldn't begin to tell of the wonderful time had by all! Today we are all (even baby, we can tell) are wishing we were still aboard.

Molliejo.....just clicked the link from my signature above and clicked on PLAY. Worked ok for me. Maybe you can try again sometime.

1 & 2 There is some kind of production show/comedian.....each night. Some offer two times to accomodate both dinner seating.

3. My kids were 11 & 13??? when they first cruised and really enjoyed the kids groups. I have never felt anything less than safe with the people running them.

4. I have never seen lobster on the SOS, ever.:mad:

5. There is a sail away party. Live music and dancing. That's pretty much it.

6. As far as I have seen, the cabins are all behind the area where the elevators are. I wouldn't see a problem. Maybe noise at night from people in the halls, but that happens anywhere.

7. You will recieve an onboard credit for your future cruise. The amount is determined by the length of the cruise.

Have Fun!

Southern diva - love your pics. Can you tell me about the DIG? Did you pay to go see this? I read somewhere else on the boards that if you go after a certain time the Dig is free?
In January, it was $29 per adult. Many have reported that the guards go off duty at 5, so you can sneak in. We didn't hang around that late to find out if it's true.

Archived