Weather in Alaska August 7-14?

phoenixlady

We're sailing to Alaska on the Spirit from August 7th through the 14th. Does anyone have an idea of what the "average" temps may be? Should we bring warm jacets? We have a balcony cabin and wonder if it will be warm enough to sit out there and enjoy it. Our ports of call are Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Prince Rupert and Seattle. Any advice will be appreciate.

[quote name='phoenixlady']We're sailing to Alaska on the Spirit from August 7th through the 14th. Does anyone have an idea of what the "average" temps may be? Should we bring warm jacets? We have a balcony cabin and wonder if it will be warm enough to sit out there and enjoy it. Our ports of call are Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Prince Rupert and Seattle. Any advice will be appreciate.[/QUOTE]

We sailed r/t from Seattle last August 30th. The average temp was in 50s/60s. Was nice as a mater of fact. It rained like heck when we were in Ketchikan. All in all was nice. Hope this helps ;)

[quote name='phoenixlady']We're sailing to Alaska on the Spirit from August 7th through the 14th. Does anyone have an idea of what the "average" temps may be? Should we bring warm jacets? We have a balcony cabin and wonder if it will be warm enough to sit out there and enjoy it. Our ports of call are Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Prince Rupert and Seattle. Any advice will be appreciate.[/QUOTE]
We are on the Carnival Spirit from Aug. 11...how can we both be at different days on the same ship?

Heh. I'll be on Radiance on the same days as you! I'm planning on bringing lots of layers even though I love the cold and could easily wear shorts in 40 degree weather. My hubby has less of a tolerance for the cold so he's really worried about this trip. I suppose you could check [url]www.weather.com[/url] for a forecast just to be on the safe side. Have a wonderful time!

Archived