Zuiderdam 04.07.07

Langley

Hi, new to CC and new to HAL as well...I've cruised on Carnival before, but the more upscale environment of HAL appealed to me more, and so I've booked cabin VA5185. Anyone have any pointers as far as the ship goes? Anyone ever stayed in VA5185 and have pictures or any other pictures of the ship?

Thanks & I look foward to talking with everyone here

Hi, new to CC and new to HAL as well...I've cruised on Carnival before, but the more upscale environment of HAL appealed to me more, and so I've booked cabin VA5185. Anyone have any pointers as far as the ship goes? Anyone ever stayed in VA5185 and have pictures or any other pictures of the ship?

Thanks & I look foward to talking with everyone here

Hi! we are on the same cruise! I started a thread on the Roll Call Board. We're in cabin VA8124 and my Sis's family is in VF5058. (there is something to say about distance when traveling with relatives!!! ha! ha!). HAL is much more sophisticated than Carnival. But the "Z" is BOLD! in color scheme...that is! You will love her. And if you're into the spa...it's awesome! especially the thermal spa. She's large...but you never have the sense of being crowded. I just watched a video we did of her and it's amazing...hardly any people in the video! (I was worried about her size on our first cruise on her since we always sailed on the smaller HAL ships). You will have a great cruise. VA cabins are nice (we usually stay in the Suites...but since we're taking my Sis's family along...needed to watch expenses). Have stayed in the VA category on the Oosterdam (sister ship to the "Z")...and it was comfortable. So I would expect the same on the "Z". We're aft...love being able to watch the wake. No matter where you are on the ship...you will enjoy your time on her. Besides...most people don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway!

Don't forget to go to the Roll Call Board and look for our sailing. have had only a few folks reply. Have found that being able to connect with fellow passengers prior to the cruise can really add to the experience. On our last cruise, we organized a school supply drive with fellow cruisers for the schools in Belize...and delivered thousands of dollars of supplies to the schools. Some cruisers had school-age kids who took the supplies personally to the schools...and it was a very rewarding experience for everyone. And it happened because of the cruise board. Plus, it allows you to get to know fellow cruisers ahead of time. We've made life-long friends with some!

The "Z" is beautiful...but so are so many other ships. It's what you make of the experience that really counts! One suggestion...have dinner at the Pinnacle Grill the first night...or order room service. It's very casual the first night in the dining room...and if you want to kick off your cruise on a special note...select the Pinnacle Grill.

Cass

Archived