Cheapest way from MCO to Port Canveral

kristen1206

I have a rental car reserved at budget and they have a place near the port for return at no drop off fee and will take you to the port. They charge more for return and I found it cheaper at enterprise for return trip once gain no drop off fee for different location.... and they pick u up...ez:cool:

We rented a car through Thrifty. We reserved a sebring convertible for a little over $35 + tax and fees. We spent the night at The Radisson in Port Canaveral the night before the cruise, so we had the car for less than 24 hours. We dropped the car off at their facility just down the road from the hotel, and they shuttled us to the port. It was fast, easy and inexpensive. While we were on the cruise, we arranged to take Carnaval's shuttle back to the airport. It was somewhere around $25 - $30 a person.

Have a great time on your cruise!

:)

We used Thrifty last month and rented a Magnum for around $50 each way. We flew in Friday afternoon and stayed at the Best Western in Cocoa and then dropped the car off Saturday morning and took the free shuttle to the port. Coming back, we took the free shuttle to Thrifty and drove to the airport. Had the car for about 18 hours going and then 6 hours coming back.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

We used Thrifty last month and rented a Magnum for around $50 each way. We flew in Friday afternoon and stayed at the Best Western in Cocoa and then dropped the car off Saturday morning and took the free shuttle to the port. Coming back, we took the free shuttle to Thrifty and drove to the airport. Had the car for about 18 hours going and then 6 hours coming back.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

my question is, right now me and my friend have a car on hold through Enterprise for Oct 5th from MCO to the Port and they will transport us when we drop of the car, we arrive at airport at 9:30 am, we want to be at the port and on the ship asap, I always get on no later than Noon!!! Will the car rental places take their time getting us there????? Should we just take the Carnival Transfer? What is the earliest transfer from the airport? HELP!!!

Tina

my question is, right now me and my friend have a car on hold through Enterprise for Oct 5th from MCO to the Port and they will transport us when we drop of the car, we arrive at airport at 9:30 am, we want to be at the port and on the ship asap, I always get on no later than Noon!!! Will the car rental places take their time getting us there????? Should we just take the Carnival Transfer? What is the earliest transfer from the airport? HELP!!!

Tina

Don't know about Enterprise since we used Thrifty. But if the shuttle is taking people from the port to the rental place, then it has to go back. So it should be taking people back and forth continually.

Doug

There are several rental companies that are close to the port. On my Glory cruise in March I rented a car from Budget and dropped it off at their rental place near the port. They will shuttle you from the rental agency and drop you off at the ship and also pick you up afterward. I dropped the car off around 10:30am and was at the ship checking in by 11 am. It was super easy. On the way home I was off the ship around 8am and the van was already there to shuttle back to get the car.

Through these boards I learned to go to Mouseavers.com and look at the info they have for transportation to the ports for disney cruises. The info also helps out if you are traveling on Carnival. I found great coupon codes on that site which gave me a great deal on my rental. I also learned on these boards that if you use budget you should think about joining their fastbreak program. There was a huge line of people standing in the line at the airport waiting to get their cars and since I was already "pre-registered" all I did was go to the garage and had one person in front of me in line and was out of the airport very quickly!

Have fun on your cruise!!

There are several rental companies that are close to the port. On my Glory cruise in March I rented a car from Budget and dropped it off at their rental place near the port. They will shuttle you from the rental agency and drop you off at the ship and also pick you up afterward. I dropped the car off around 10:30am and was at the ship checking in by 11 am. It was super easy. On the way home I was off the ship around 8am and the van was already there to shuttle back to get the car.

Through these boards I learned to go to Mouseavers.com and look at the info they have for transportation to the ports for disney cruises. The info also helps out if you are traveling on Carnival. I found great coupon codes on that site which gave me a great deal on my rental. I also learned on these boards that if you use budget you should think about joining their fastbreak program. There was a huge line of people standing in the line at the airport waiting to get their cars and since I was already "pre-registered" all I did was go to the garage and had one person in front of me in line and was out of the airport very quickly!

Have fun on your cruise!!

I have to say, and I am sure many will flame me for this, but WHY would you want to rent a car and go thru the hassle of picking it up, driving to their office near the pier... refueling, then unloading the rental car and reloading to a transfer to take you to the ship ??? Seems like a lotta stress and wasted time when you could have easily caught a transfer directly from the airport then to the ship without all the luagge moving, the hassle of traffic and unknown areas you are drving to, for the minimal savings.....

I just don't get it ??? Afterall.... you are supposed to be on VACATION !~!~

I have to say, and I am sure many will flame me for this, but WHY would you want to rent a car and go thru the hassle of picking it up, driving to their office near the pier... refueling, then unloading the rental car and reloading to a transfer to take you to the ship ??? Seems like a lotta stress and wasted time when you could have easily caught a transfer directly from the airport then to the ship without all the luagge moving, the hassle of traffic and unknown areas you are drving to, for the minimal savings.....

I just don't get it ??? Afterall.... you are supposed to be on VACATION !~!~

What if you go a day early on your own and want to have a car to get around? That is what I did.

Doug

We are coming in a day early renting a car $23 dollars , staying at a 3 star hotel [priceline $33] renting a car on the way back $40 , which all adds up to less than the $100 Carnival wants for transfers, and maybe it is a little more work but alot less stressful than flying in the day of your cruise:D

What if you go a day early on your own and want to have a car to get around? That is what I did.

Doug

Coming in a day early.... the rental car scenario makes sense. I was only referring to coming in the day of sailing.

If you are travelling with several people, the rental car makes sense and a cost saving move.....

For two people, coming the same day of sailing (remember not ALL people have the luxury or time off to come in 1 or more days beofre sailing !), I say the transfers thru cruiseline or outside source just seems so much easier and stress free !

Archived