Glitter on dresses

luvs2beachit

I have a dress that I love and paid quite a bit for but it has glitter on the jacket and it goes all over. I am like Hanzel and Gretel, I leave a trail where

ever I go! I have only worn the dress once but because of this problem I am ready to get rid of it. But then I thought that maybe if I post my issue on this board someone might have a great suggestion on how to rectify the problem.

Thanks

I have a dress that I love and paid quite a bit for but it has glitter on the jacket and it goes all over. I am like Hanzel and Gretel, I leave a trail where

ever I go! I have only worn the dress once but because of this problem I am ready to get rid of it. But then I thought that maybe if I post my issue on this board someone might have a great suggestion on how to rectify the problem.

Thanks

I have a shirt I love that does that. I'd like to know how to fix it too :confused:

I posted on this thread earlier this evening and guess it either was eaten up by cyberspace or bounced.

Hairspray works - sorta, but my best advice is to leave the dress/item at home and do a favor to whoever will sit in the chair you just vacated. Glitter is almost impossible to get off clothes, and if it gets in your eye (as I had happen b/c it got on my napkin, then on my hand, and then in my eye), it is very painful. I have a dress that has glitter, but it doesn't shed at all, but I never take on cruises just in case.

Put the article of clothing in the dryer by itself on the air only cycle for a while. Then, shake it out with all your might. You will cut down drastically, but not completely, on the glitter problem.

When you pack, make sure to put a plastic bag over the item, tying it at the bottom, so it won't glitter the rest of your wardrobe.

Never, ever buy a glittered item again. I passed on a dress I found on sale recently because it had obviously been next to a glittered garment. The dress fit me perfect, looked great, the price was right, but I knew I'd never get the embeded glitter off of it.

Better yet, can you return the dress, or wear it without the jacket?

Archived