Disembark Early

fletch101

I have an early flight coming home from our Cruise in March. Is there any way Carnival can guarantee that I will be able to get off of the ship early ? My flight departs at 11:00am. The Glory is supposed to start disembarking at 7:30am.

Good luck. No guarantees. Lots of things could cause a delay such as weather issues, Customs, etc. Any chance you can change to a later flight? Do you have travel insurance? Carnival usually suggests a flight time to use. Does your say not to schedule flights before 12:00 noon?

Nope.

Port Canaveral - Glory, Sensation, & Elation; earliest return flight after 12:00 PM

From their website: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/debarkation.aspx

If you want to keep that time frame, You have to go to the Pursers Deck with your airline tickets to show that you do have an earily flight, they will give you the grey tags "TBA", so you can be one of the first to disembark along with Carnival Vacation Members.

Fred

This is only my second cruise. My first was on Disney. I really didn't have to be concerned with the time of my return flight. I wish I had found Cruise Critic before making my flight reservations. I would have known to check on the Carnival site for the flight suggestions. My reservations are using my World Perk points so there isn't much of a chance I can get a later flight or one on Sunday. I have to pray for a cancellation.

Sandgnat:

I am looking into getting a rental car. I believe this will get me to the airport quickest.

Wennfred:

Thanks for the info, very useful.

Sandgnat:

I am looking into getting a rental car. I believe this will get me to the airport quickest.

Nothing beats a Cab. If you get a rental, you will have to wait for their shuttle to take you to the Rental Terminal then deal with the checking, looking over the car for scatches etc. could take you an extra hour or 2 doing just that, and thats if you have one reserved.

By the way, your cruise is in March, you still have lots of time to change your flight, but do it now because March is Spring Break.

Fred

I just thought about something....

flight - 11am

That means you need to be at airport (MCO) an hour prior - 10am

It's a MINIMUM of a 45 minute drive if everything is 100% perfect - no rain, no accidents, not traffic - so let's call it 1 hr - 9am

Your window of perfection for the ship, staff and US Customs is now narrowed down to about 2 hrs, and that is if everything is 100% perfect and you're one of the first off.

One idiot who did something stupid can delay it all very easy.

Anyone wanna set odds on the OP not making the flight?

Keep checking their web page-- hopefully the flight you are booked on will change times which will allow you to make a different change for free.

How far away is port canaveral from the airport? (doing research I was told 45 minutes... 11am yikes.. You have to be at the airport 2 hours before which is 9am.. 45 minute trip- gotta be off the ship by 8. (suppose if the ship dont clear til 9am)

you just had a wonderful vacation now must stress about making that flight.

Where did you see that the GLory is supposed to disembark at 7:30?

thats the time it docks-- then the ship must be cleared by customs. depending on the passengers that could last up for an hour or so.

Sometimes they don't start debarking till 9AM or after. How long to get thru the airport, they want you 2 hrs before flight. Your are in the hands of customs and immigration and anybody else that does not check in with them, everybody will stand by till they do, you will hear their name called many times, also Yeppy Todo come to the pursers desk and clear you account. Good Luck, hope your nerves are in good shape.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it's offered on the Glory, but we just returned from the Miracle, and they offered "self-debarkation".

If you want to carry ALL your luggage yourself, you could leave the ship around 7:30am (before general debarkation), while the baggage handlers were still unloading luggage in the baggage claim area.

Archived