triumph review 8/26-9/2/06

thelemalove93

I do have a posative outlook overall, it just was for how much I paid I guess I was expecting to be treated a little bit better by the staff. I said hi to all the staff that I saw and rarely did anyone say hi back. She just sat there with a blank look on her face. Also they are called manicurist, not fingernail ladies...again an example of the caliber of people on carnival. I don't want people to make the same mistake I did of booking a cruise through carnival, spending a ton of money and then having rude service, spoiled milk, and a lot of broken promises. Sorry if I am upset on here, but I went to sandals and nothing but posative things to say about them

I wonder why the fingernail lady didn't feel like talking with you, with such a positive outlook on everything Im sure you'd be a hoot to converse with

I sailed on the Triumph on July 1st and they had the chocolate buffet the last sea day during lunch. Check the capers.

Exactly! I'm thinking they just missed it....but of course.....it's all Carnival's fault.

Very possible to miss lots of things if you don't read the Capers.

Actually there was an article recently that says that the Conquest and Glory are the only two ships that offer this. However their reservation staff did not know this.

Exactly! I'm thinking they just missed it....but of course.....it's all Carnival's fault.

Very possible to miss lots of things if you don't read the Capers.

I do have a posative outlook overall, it just was for how much I paid I guess I was expecting to be treated a little bit better by the staff. I said hi to all the staff that I saw and rarely did anyone say hi back. She just sat there with a blank look on her face. Also they are called manicurist, not fingernail ladies...again an example of the caliber of people on carnival. I don't want people to make the same mistake I did of booking a cruise through carnival, spending a ton of money and then having rude service, spoiled milk, and a lot of broken promises. Sorry if I am upset on here, but I went to sandals and nothing but posative things to say about them

No need to come on here & insult all of us Carnival cruisers just because you had a bad cruise.

Since you seem to think Carnival is so bargain basement......I'm guessing you didn't pay a ton of money for your cruise. :rolleyes:

Actually there was an article recently that says that the Conquest and Glory are the only two ships that offer this. However their reservation staff did not know this.

That's funny! There was a Chocolate Buffet....during the day on Liberty & on Valor.

Maybe you read that incorrectly.

This is my 3rd cruise to be exact.

uote=CruisingAgain]Pass the nachos please ..... but this is a joke - right?

1. They only gave her an upgrade and a bottle of champagne and that was a bad way to start??? HUH? .... a bottle of anything free alcohol is a GREAT way to start in my book.

2. The pools were small? First cruise I'm sure - was she expecting olympic size pools?

3. Menus not varied? Breakfast maybe .... can't do much more than eggs, pancakes and cereal. Or maybe she got the kids menu .... they have PB&J and Mac & Cheese and Chicken Fingers every night.

I knew it was from miami, I wanted to know where the peir was.....

I see you are from Chicago. Did you drive or fly? That have websites for those type of questions. Try Mapquest. It's not Carnival's responsiblity to give you directions to the port. Take some of the responsiblity for yourself. :rolleyes:

Here is Carnival's description for the St. Maarten Beach Break.

Relax and enjoy a beautiful white sand beach, and we'll even throw in lunch.

On this excursion you will:

• Begin your journey with a fully narrated, scenic drive from the Dutch capitol of Phillipsburg to a typical Caribbean beach.
  • Drive through the Simpson Bay area, home to many trendy local bars and restaurants, en route to the beautiful white sand beach where you can relax, soak up the sun and swim in the clear Caribbean waters.
  • Have a beach chair, all you can eat ribs and unlimited rum or fruit punch that are included.
  • On your way back to the ship, have the option to be dropped off downtown or return directly to the ship.

Note: Guests wishing to stay downtown will be responsible for their own return to the ship.

Umbrellas at the beach are an additional cost. Don't forget your sunscreen, sunglasses and beach towels.

Could the OP please point out where it says anything about snorkeling?

Answer that?

because you said....

We did the St. Maarten beach break. I was lied to and told that there was snorkeling, and there was NOT.

or were you just not clear again?

I knew it was from miami, I wanted to know where the peir was.....

How would they know?

It's the Port of Miami, the pier is assigned by the port a week or so in advance.

When you book a flight a few months out, do you demand or expect to know what gate?

"It's at Midway"

"What gate?"

"I dunno M'am, but it is at Midway"

"and yo don't know where?"

"Midway"

"but where at Midway?"

Do you have that fight whenever you book a flight?

I see you are from Chicago. Did you drive or fly? That have websites for those type of questions. Try Mapquest. It's not Carnival's responsiblity to give you directions to the port. Take some of the responsiblity for yourself. :rolleyes:

BrendaB1, Here it is in black and white. They (Carnival) do tell you.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_directions_transportations.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals_Parking__Directions_Port_of_Miami.aspx

Well...it's still her responsiblity to READ it. I have no problems getting to a port.

Just like she didn't read the Capers & missed the Chocolate Buffet. IMHO....you're not missing much.

Also, what about the statement that they didn't vary the menu. That, we all know, isn't true. The dinner menus are the same fleet wide and are different every night, they do not repeat on a 7 day cruise.

Also, pier is spelled pier, not peir. I guess you didn't expect "Walmart" shoppers to know any better. You can't say it's a typo as you spelled it that way more than once and in more than one post.

Not on a future Carnival review....you will see me on the princess or Royal Carribean pages. Yes this is the first time you saw me, cause this is my first time on this board.

Hope you have a great time with mediocre service!

Seems like the lady or gentleman didn't do his or her homework with only 4 posts.

From his review we'll probably have a good time. We're looking forward to the Triumph.

My favorite remark by the OP is about how she harassed the Carnival PVPs into giving her a upgrade and a bottle of champagne over not knowing her guaranteed room number which she spent a ton of money on. I don't know about anyone else isn't guaranteed the lowest fare. I hope she finds fares she can afford on RCI or Princess.

Archived