Voyager Athens to Monte Carlo, 21st Oct.

Teresa Price

Hi, Teresa,

We'll be there. Have cruised before but never with Regent. Looks great doesn't it and fits neatly into half-term.

I see you are a teacher so assume like us you are having to miss the 2 free days in Athens. How are getting there? We had to book our own easyjet flight to Athens on 21st, but RSSC booked us home on BA.

Chis and Claire

PS there is someone else on the site from USA sailing for 2 weeks from 14th...scroll back to find it.

Hi meyetagain,

well luckily for us I get an extra day at half term so we are able to fly out on the 20th and get one night in Athens. This will be our third with Regent who we really prefer now. However, we did have a great cruise at Easter on Minerva 2 and are sad that the Swan brand will be going. We loved the included trips and found the whole experience really interesting.

Did you see they had ditched Santorini on the Monday in favour of somewhere on the Greek mainland? I was looking forward to Santorini as a port of call we hadn't been to - well still won't have now! It has taken until today for me to start looking forward to it - something about spending the weekend on school work I guess.

We will have to meet up on board. We have done that a couple of times and always enjoyed the experience.

keep in touch,

cheers Teresa

Checked the itinerary and I see, as you say, Santorini has gone. Do you know why?? We haven't been told about the change by RSCC.

Like you would have liked a formal night, but I suppose it will help with luggage. Some cruisers on this site say that RSSC sometimes add a formal night at the last minute, but it quite alot of trouble to pack a tux on the offchance. What do you think? Even so looking forward to the trip immensely, definitely an antidote to last year's OFSTED. Where are you flying from??

Hi again,

we are flying from Heathrow [great fun]. If anyone asks where we come from it will be west of London - the whole world nearly has heard of High Wycombe now!!

Ofsted [pulls face] it is a wonder anyone is left in teaching. I'm in the independent sector but the inspection process is much the same. No, I don't really get longer holidays either, just the odd day here or there.

No I only found out about a lack of Santorini by visiting their website. Can't imagine why. Now Kusadasi we have well and truely 'done', but never mind. Yes it will be easier on the packing without a formal night. I love the Cordon Bleu restaurant on RSSC - yummy. Looking forward to it will certainly take some of the pain out of training my year ones over the next few weeks.

take care,

Teresa

Welcome! Please see the thread "Oct. 14 Nice to Monte Carlo (Voyager). This is the 14-day Back-to Back (BTB) combination of the Oct. 14 Nice to Athens plus Oct. 21 Athens to Monte Carlo). This has to be the longest Nice to Monte Carlo cruise on record!

Are there any other 7-day or 14-day cruisers on these voyages interested in meeting for sail-away get-togethers in the Observation Lounge?

Jack and Ginny

Good to hear from fellow cruisers. Teresa, I envy you your night in Athens, but we were very happy with the RSCC discount offered as we didn't take it up. As long as easyjet run to schedule we'll be happy. Jack4 it would be great to make a cross atlantic contact at some point.

Keep posting everyone.

Chris and Claire

"Itsmeagain" and other Voyager cruisers (Oct. 14 - 28) - you can reach my at jwtolan@aol.com and I can try to coordinate a get-together for fellow Cruise Critic board posters.

Chris and Claire = I see you're from Brighton. I enjoyed a week there about 5 years ago for a business meeting. Beautiful seaside town!

Jack & Ginny

Well you know how it is...everything timed by the school hols, 5 weeks to half-term, etc etc.

I think.... restaurant reservations possible in 6 days, tickets arriving in 15 days (ish).

So today I shall email jack4 and see if we can arrange an anglo-usa meet.

As regards the difference between our educational settings, they are, frankly at opposite ends of the social spectrum, but I think the pressure is probably very similar, it just presents in different forms from different sources.

Hope the term is going well,

Claire

We just received our cruise documents today for the Cot. 14 - 28 back-to-back. Lots of fun sorting through them! Both 7-day segments are shown with no formal nights. However, I was on a 7-day RSSC cruise about 4 years ago when the same "no formal" schedule was planned but we were surprised when one showed up once we were on board. I'm not bringing my tux but my wife will bring a dress suitable for cocktail hour or a formal evening (just in case).

Jack (& Ginny)

...counting the days!

Hi itsmeagain,

just emailed Jack to put us on the list. Life has been so hectic haven't kept up with the boards. I did, however, just read your profile. How do you do it? I'd hate to be a headteacher [not that that is very likely LOL]. I don't know if i said but I taught in special ed before I went all pre prep. My what a contrast it has been.

cheers,

Teresa- three weeks and counting

Hi, Teresa..and others

I keep hoping the tickets will drop through the letter box, but nothing yet. And it will be a bit hectic. I have to fly up to Edinbugh for my mother's 80th the weekend before...then am running 2 inset days on 19th and 20th with taxi to Gatwick booked for 3.15 am on 21st, so we can catch early flight to Athens. Then big effort needed to forget work and relax for the week. Lets hope the weather will be kind to us. I've cruised the Med 3 times before in Oct..2 cruises were in brilliant sunshine, 1 cruise was rather wet.

Claire

Hi its me again,

no we haven't even had that one! At least that explains the change. I haven't heard anything back from the guy organising the meet up yet.

In school this morning for an open morning so even less of a weekend. Never mind only two weeks now,

cheers Teresa

you are still waiting for your tickets for the 14th cruise it that correct?

hope yopu get them soon, and was was wondering when i will get mine iam doing madeira to miami on 12th november. the last cruise i waas on navigator inmay and all i had was a piece of paper and got ticket prior to check in. very dissapointing and i just love the radisson labels but got none, hope this won't happen this time.

dave

:D Today, I rang Regent who promised that our tickets had been posted this morning...so watch the post.

Also suppose that the 14th 2 week cruisers will be leaving in a couple of days, so good wishes for a wonderful flight.

Teresa, if no details for a meet emerge shortly, I'll suggest a meet for the education group...ie you and me and partners, if that's okay.

Claire

I'm on the Navigator next week and we are still scheduled for Santorini on Sunday, October 15. It is supposed to be there tomorrow - Wednesday the 11th.

The Voyager is showing Santorini on Oct 20. I assume you are talking about it being dropped on Oct 23. Why would they have changed it only for that day? Are the unions that organized that they schedule strikes that far in advance?

Thanks

Hi, didn't get to find out why the switch just not happy about it as i was so looking forward to it, but that's life.

Claire we just heard from our TA today that they [Regent] don't have our passport details so a few more days before we will get our docs. Great about a meet up, still haven't heard back from that guy.

Cheers Teresa

The letter from Regent said....

"We have received notification from our port handling agents that there is a confirmed threat of strike action in the port of Santorini during the period of the above cruise: therefore on the 23rd October 2006 the call at Santorini has been replaced with Nafplion."

I think my tickets were delivered today, but the postman left a note to say they were too big to fit in the postbox!!! Have requested redelivery tomorrow.

Jack suggested the Observation Lounge for a meet, but didn't say when. If they're already entrenched after a week's cruising then another meet might not be wanted. I'll let you know if he makes contact.

Come on next week...hurry up....

Archived