white water rafting, indigenous tours???

gambler

• 4 weeks later...

We are also doing the rafting in Costa Rica, but because of the logistics involved we are doing it through RCCL.

From my research it seems that it is about a 1 1/2 ride to the rafting site and to me that is a lot of road and countryside that "could" become a problem. If you are on a ship's tour and the bus breaks down or traffic issues then the ship will wait for you and for me the peace of mind is worth the few extra $'s

Sue

thanks for the info.

I actually found a good recommended private tour with Danillo Hall

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=169858

I have been in contact with him, we need at least 4 people and right now we have only three. If this does not work out, we will book it on the ship.

Has he gotten back to you I would be interested in knowing the cost which I can't seem to find on the website. He seems to be highly reccommended and I am possibly rethinking doing the tour with the ship.

Sue

gambler-when are you going? THis is actually one of the trips I'm considering, but was concerned of the safety issue. They are not as "fussy" as they are in the US. We did a tubing trip in Jamaica a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe how lax they were. We had a blast, but could've been some injuries. My trip insurance doesn't cover if I leave the ground on my excursions. Do you think flying through the air in a raft counts. lol ;) Seriously though... when are you going?

gambler-when are you going? THis is actually one of the trips I'm considering' date=' but was concerned of the safety issue. They are not as "fussy" as they are in the US. We did a tubing trip in Jamaica a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe how lax they were. We had a blast, but could've been some injuries. My trip insurance doesn't cover if I leave the ground on my excursions. Do you think flying through the air in a raft counts. lol ;) Seriously though... when are you going?[/quote']

You wouldn't have to tell them you flew, you could say you bounced!!!!:D

We are going on the 11 night 11/20 sailing. This is the 1st Panama sailing for the season so I will report back everything.

If you can I would love the menus and compasses. Even if you just take pictures of the menus that would be great and I would be very happy to send you the postage if you could get me the compasses. I am the the starter for the 3/26 sailing and would love to post everything on the roll call.

Thanks

Archived