Full Day Snorkel & Sightseeing Tour - Actief

Sailor Gal

• 1 month later...

We did the full-day (north shore sightseeing and snorkeling) last week. This is a good tour, although it has a slow start. Han was our guide and he was very nice and very caring about the environment of Curacao. He was a business man in The Netherlands and moved to Curacao about 2 years ago to work with Actief. Good for you, Han!

Curacao Actief sent us very detailed instructions on where to meet, and must have had some problems having people find them. Unfortunately the other people from our group rec'd the instructions from the previous email (I rec'd 3 different emails before we went with different descriptions of meeting places) and the others from our group were waiting where we couldn't see them. So we had a bit of a delay getting started. But anyway...

Having done the ABC tour jeep tour in Aruba the previous day (cushy seats) the jeep ride was a bit rough (but not too bad) and it took a while to get to the first stop. Compared to Aruba, Curacao is a very lush island with a lot of greenery. We stopped a few times over the next hour, and although the scenery was pretty, there wasn't really much to say about anything. One of our friends was not feeling well and the jeep ride etc. was not too appealing for her so we asked if he would mind shortening the tour a bit so we could get out of the jeep and walk around Curacao instead. Thanks to Nick and Renee from our group for agreeing to do this with us. We had to cut out one of our snorkeling stops. But the snorkeling stop that we did go to was very pretty. It was a small beach with no one else around and the snorkeling was pretty good. I like to snorkel with a floating device and had requested this from Actief in advance, but there were not any in our jeep. So it made it difficult (for me) to snorkel a great distance due to having to tread water. There was a large variety of fish to see w/o having to swim very far and the beach was very nice.

We then went back to the pier area and went into town for a short while before going to the ship. FYI to all Curacao goers - there is a lot of construction going on right in front of where the ship is docked. This makes it difficult to get to the ship b/c many of the walkways are blocked by construction. (You can see the ship, but you just can't get to it!). Give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship from the port.

I would recommend Actief due to their care for the environment and care for their customers. Although, I would recommend taking the snorkeling tours in lieu of the sightseeing.

Wendy

Archived