Baymont Inn in Galveston, Texas

OceanFantasys

This is a new hotel located in Galveston. I just called to make reservations and they have free cruise parking, free internet, free breakfast. I booked a king suite for $62.87 plus tax which was $72.29. It is 2 miles from the cruise pier and just off of Seawall Blvd. She said the taxi runs about $10.00 to the pier.. Thank you to the person who posted on another thread about staying at this hotel. Seems like a great deal . Oh yes we are sailing in November at this rate. They have a 48 hour cancellation policy so nothing is booked to your credit card until you arrive.

Holy cow !! Yes I went to their website.

Baymont Inn & Suites After looking at the site just now. I plugged in next April and you are so right.. So much more money! Maybe because that is around spring break and the date I chose was off season? I just plugged in November again and it is still the same rate that I got it for so it's not a glitch.. Yes I did call the hotel direct to make my reservations.. I guess its only a good deal at certain times of the year.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the mention of Baymont by you folks. We are leaving out Oct 16 and I just booked a King room on the AARP plan for $49 and change. It was close to $56 with tax added in. Anyway, if you aren't going to be in Galveston at a peak time it could well be worth checking into.

Thanks again for the helpful mention.

phil

This is a new hotel located in Galveston. I just called to make reservations and they have free cruise parking, free internet, free breakfast. I booked a king suite for $62.87 plus tax which was $72.29. It is 2 miles from the cruise pier and just off of Seawall Blvd. She said the taxi runs about $10.00 to the pier.. Thank you to the person who posted on another thread about staying at this hotel. Seems like a great deal . Oh yes we are sailing in November at this rate. They have a 48 hour cancellation policy so nothing is booked to your credit card until you arrive.

I booked this hotel today and I wasn't offered a King Suite, they said they had a king bed with a balcony. I also paid about the same as you too. Maybe I should call them back and ask...

based upon my experience in talking directly with the owner of the motel (who also owns the super 8 at 61st street) I would not stay there.

But then my issues/concerns were more related to them presenting themselves as having "handicapped accessible" rooms when they have not followed the law.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from Galveston and stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites. I was very impressed with the quality and cleanliness for the money. This motel is only a couple of months old and is very clean. The staff I met was also very friendly and helpful.

Don't know what the previous poster meant about handicapped access but I didn't see any problem other than possibly in the bathroom with a wheelchair. There was plenty of room to manuver a walker. All the doors were wide, level access to the building, and elevators between the floors.

They have internet access in every room (wireless and wired), a small business center if you don't have your own computer, a nice breakfast, and good location. I believe they also offer free cruise parking ( no shuttle service) but a taxi ride is reasonable. It is very conveninet to the seawall, just minutes from town and the crusie terminal.

I will not hesitate to stay there again.

p

Archived