Comparing Royal to Carnival

gojojo

I've been on several cruises and have given Carnival 2 chances, and don't think I would go back. They are not terrible, and are quite good a some things, but what you get from other lines, like RCCL is just better.

Carnival wins hands down at pizza and ice cream.

Carnival's room size seems larger, but decor is not my cup of tea.

I have not cared Carnival's dining room food at all, but I know some people love it. I think that Carnival's food quality is hard to judge because it isn't consistent from ship to ship.

Entertainment seems about equal to me on most cruise lines, except Disney, which to me was the best, but I am a Disney lover.

Carnival's service is not quite as good as the others.

RCCL kids club is among the best.

I think you would have a good time on Carnival, you just get more for your money with other lines.

Good luck!

Ok!! :eek: Now you all have me scared.:eek: I have been on 4 RCCL with #5 coming quickly. We decided to jump over to Carnival to see what it is like. I'm I going to be completely miserable for 7 days? :( We were able to do a balcony :D with Carnival for the first time, because RCCL's balcony's are quite $$$$. I was looking forward to seeing the differences for myself. I'm just going to keep an open mind and do a full comparison review when I return. I sail both about 60 days apart.

Ok!! :eek: Now you all have me scared.:eek: I have been on 4 RCCL with #5 coming quickly. We decided to jump over to Carnival to see what it is like. I'm I going to be completely miserable for 7 days? :( We were able to do a balcony :D with Carnival for the first time, because RCCL's balcony's are quite $$$$. I was looking forward to seeing the differences for myself. I'm just going to keep an open mind and do a full comparison review when I return. I sail both about 60 days apart.

Go with the mind set that you are going to enjoy it. Who knows you may really like it. There is only one way to find out and that is try it.:)

I have been on only1 carnival ship and the was years and years ago it was the sensation, lots of neon and somewhat dark ship. But would not be oppose to going on a newer model. I saw a tv special on showing the Spirit and honestly it looked like a ship I could enjoy. My benchmark with RCL is the radiance class ships. I just think they are incredible and all that glass makes you feel like your always outside. I like that kind of feel. Maybe one day I will try something else.

Archived