Tiami Five Star Catamaran & Turtles in barbados

MelanieH

We will be in Barbados the end of Jan. 2007. The Tiami 5 Star is one of the excursions offered by Celebrity. I was also looking going my own on Silver Moon. It sounds like a very nice excursion for 5 hours. When will you be in Barbados?

I did a google search on Tiami Five Star Cat and found alot of info,

all good except some say that the Cat is crowded. You can also goggle Barbados and get info. I am leaning toward booking with Silver Moon. Their

Cat costs $100 for 5 hours and carries 12 passengers.

Hi....my hubby & I have done the Tiami Catamaran cruise & snorkeling with the sea turtles 2x's already, & highly recommend it... we've actually booked it for a 3rd time while we're on the Princess Crown this December. The crew is fantastic, they pamper you the moment you get on board, & snorkeling part with the sea turtles is amazing. A few crew members actually get into the water with you, so if anyone isn't a great swimmer, or is a bit timid, you can swim with them. The lunch served after snorkeling is fantastic, we've had flying fish both times, & it's been amazing.. open bar too, the rum punch isn't to be missed. They stop at a nice little beach before leaving to return back to port, which is nice as well. Again, I can't say enough wonderful things about Tiami tours & their staff!!

We did the 5 Star back in April and had a wonderful time! The crew was wonderful. You MUST try the rum punch. The lunch that they served was fantastic!! The boat did seem crowded when we first started off. But there was actually plenty of room. If you want to lay out up front, you need to be one of the first on though. There was also a spot in back you could stretch out on.

Debbie

How far do you have to go to get on sailboat? How long do you get to snorkel?Where do you return to when excursion is over ? Will I have beach time after excursion and which beach would be near where you return to or can I get to beach quicker if I do not take ride back to AOS?

• 3 weeks later...

Tiami Five Stars...

Just returned last night from an 11 days southern Caribbean cruise on NCL Spirit, and Tiami Five Stars was one of the excursions that we enjoyed doing during that cruise, beautifull Catamaran, lots of shade and lots of space, worth the price, good lunch, good drinkssssss (included), good snorkeling and turtles viewing, for your info!!!

Tiami Five Stars...

Just returned last night from an 11 days southern Caribbean cruise on NCL Spirit, and Tiami Five Stars was one of the excursions that we enjoyed doing during that cruise, beautifull Catamaran, lots of shade and lots of space, worth the price, good lunch, good drinkssssss (included), good snorkeling and turtles viewing, for your info!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tiami is actually a lot cheaper through Carnival than some of the other private catamaran excursions. I understand that there will be more people, but what do you guys think about it? Is it worth the $20-30/pp savings? Are the drinks free-flowing and the food good? Do they offer open bar the entire trip?

Thank you!

I just came back from my NCL Spirit cruise today that I took with my boyfriend and mother, we all had a great time. On Jan 7th in Barbados we went on the Tiami Five Star Catamaran and Turtles excursion .. it was by far our absolute FAVORITE!!!!! We want to go back to Barbados and take the catamaran again to experience all that fun!!! We were on the "Excellence" catamaran, not quite sure if the crew changes but if not then the Excellence is the one you want to be on. It was absolutely amazing! The crew is wonderful, enthusiastic, energetic and fun fun fun!! They constantly played great, varied, and often funny music. It was my boyfriend's birthday that day and they played the most hilarious birthday song. There were two honeymooner couples on there also and for them they played some kind of funny marriage song. Open bar the WHOLE time -- a FULL bar!! Not just rum punch. They even let me go behind the bar myself and make whatever I wanted!! One of them randomly even took a picture of me at the steering wheel with my camera. And the food was fantastic!!!! They even had dessert!! The turtles were wonderful too of course, I got to see them up close (they swam all around when they fed them!). We had two snorkeling stops, so there was at least an hour or more of snorkeling. Afterwards we must have had about two hours back at the boat before we departed the island, so we used that time to shop in a very nice indoor mall area that was where our ship docked. This really made our vacation, especially since our other excursions were pretty disappointing. We even went on another catamaran tour just because we enjoyed this one so much, but it was nothing like this. But this one is a definite MUST.. we can't wait to go back to Barbados and do that again!!!

i dont get to come on cruise critics enough! always busy! we also did the trip with Tiama, it was great!!! the sea is lovely and they anchor near a beach where you can swim ashore and just sunbathe. The food was great!!! all caribbean food and you get lots!! staff did not seem to mingle much but we had a blast!! would recommend them!

When we went in December, they had child sized inflatable vests, as well as child sized snorkels, which suited our 10 year old perfectly.

Just to add to what others have said, our experience of the Tiami sail was by far the highlight of our 2-week holiday! The crew, the boat, the food, the snorkelling, the free bar (!), the weather, the scenery ............. I could go on and on - everything was defiinitely 5*!

Archived