Which one would you in pick Belize?

dforeigner

• 3 weeks later...

i replied this to your other thread too...

sorry, we cant help you - we always scuba...good luck!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH

yes i can!! we did the rendezvous cay one a couple of years ago! it was neat. catamaran out to a little but very awesome island in the middle of nowhere. snorkel around it - literally, then swim up onto the beach. dump your stuff and they have refreshments set up, floats, beach chairs (i think) to enjoy for an hour or so. complimentary rum drinks brought to you while you float on a raft in the little sandy bay area. it was sooo cool! its a tough snorkel tho (are you in the middle of nowhere (think some not so smooth water). but the picture that i took of the island is still my screensaver at home.

have a great time!!

I did vote in your poll - voted for Goff's Cay. We did this from the Miracle last year and it was fabulous. It sounds like the place the poster above described. The island is the size of a football field. After snorkeling from the boat just off the island for about an hour, we went back to the island and had about another hour or so to relax, or snorkel on our own, or go with a guide.

We don't usually do ship's tours, but we did that time because they picked us up right from the boat [instead of having to tender in for 30min or whatever and then go out to Goff's]. When we sailed out of port, we went right by Goff's and we just watched our beautiful little island glide by. A wonderful trip!

We took a snorkeling excursion in Belize and thought it was the biggest waste of time and money we had ever spent during a cruise. The trip went to a reef area with very few fish and the snorkeling was done in a line with an excursion employee leading the way. You could not snorkel alone. They advertised swimming with the sharks but told us as we approached the area that the sharks were shy and would leave the area as we arrived and stay off in the distance. We saw none. The reef was very dull with little color. We have found snorkeling off of the beaches in Cozumel and Hawaii to be far superior to what we found in Belize. I wouldn't waste my time again.

Here is a reef and rays tour I did off Grand Princess last December - not sure if it is the same one.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/belize_dec_27_05.htm

And Goff's Caye a few weeks ago off Valor:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/BE/BE_icu.htm

I went to your WEB site and really enjoyed the underwater pics. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived