Miami Hotel with Waterpark included

TheWiseCruisers

Hello fellow Cruisers,

Our grandaughter has never been to Florida before, and we wanted to do some sightseeing and find a kid friendly hotel. After many phone calls, I

just reserved an Awesome 4 Star Resort, for $119 a night, that's only 7 miles from the airport.

Marriott Doral Resort and Spa.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MIADL

Most of my cruise group are staying at La Quinta or The Embassy Suites for $99-$129, but with a 5 year old we wanted a kid friendly place. I read reviews on various travel sites and this place sounds great. Regular rate is $189+ a night, but by booking online at the Marriott site, in advance, and pre-paying for 1 night, its only $119. 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, Blue Lagoon Water park, and shops as well. It is known as a golf resort but apparently is gaining popularity with the pre/post cruiser familys.

Just thought that I would pass this heads up along to anyone who is looking for a Miami Hotel.

The Wises:p

It's a beautiful property the only downside is cab fares a killer from the airport, even worse going to the port. If your renting a car though it's not too bad. Careful, they have a daily resort fee of $16. When you arrive tell them you wish to opt out of it and hopefully they won't charge you. ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived