Jubilee... Problems... No Key West!!

LindaO

I received a phone call from a neighbor who had just boarded the Jubilee in Jacksonville today (Saturday, 7 July)... seems the ship is having propulsion problems -- and they were handed a paper saying the ship will miss the Key West port... Instead they are going to Freeport... Anyone else hear anything???

Linda, I don't have any info but I did notice you have cruised A LOT and was wondering what you thought of the Radiance..I was torn between Victory,Glory, Radiance and Mariner and chose Radiance this time and was just curious if it was a good decision..I realize everyone has their own opinions but I am open to everyones thoughts. Thanks and sorry it is off topic of original question.

I am going on the Jubilee on the 24th and was planning on doing a wave runner tour in key west. I'm suppose to make my reservations (with deposit) on monday. How will I know if we are still going to go to Key West? I'd hate to make the reservations and lose a deposit on my tour. Dunno what to do...

What are propulsion problems?????

Dixie Diva... You have made a good decision with the Radiance... it is a wonderful ship and I think you'll have a great time... It is my favorite class of ship... not too big... and easy to get around... and all the glass... you'll love the glass elevators....looking out on the ocean... it doesn't get any better!!!

Nrgo... propulsion problems... with speed... can be caused by many things... not sure what the problem is, exactly... but it might be a good question for Carnival... as they should have some idea when the problem will be fixed.

I heard that some ships were diverting from Key West because they are working on the pier, not that the ship has 'problems'. There is nowhere for them to park due to construction.

Regardless, if it is a propulsion problem, wouldn't Freeport be more of a stretch than Key West? At least en route to KW, they aren't in the middle of the ocean with potential problems. This explanation doesn't make sense.

Call CCL to find out for sure.

Actually it does make sense. Freeport is right next door to Nassau so it easier to get to than going "out of the way" to Key West. A ship can have propulsion problems and still be quite serviceable and safe to take a trip on. Cruiselines have a tendency to "hide" propulsion problems from guests, since it has a tendency to alarm them, so if they actually publicize them then I would bet that they are telling the truth in this case.

Good news for future cruisers... but it isn't going to make my neighbor happy! Well.. hopefully they are having a good cruise... It is hard for her to understand that things happen... I'm hoping her cruise is so good she will forget about missing Key West by the time she returns.

I'm sorry about your friend, and hope she has a great cruise in spite of the port changes. I am glad to hear that it is only going to affect one cruise. We are on the Jubilee on July 24 and already booked and paid for our tour. I would hate to loose the money, it's not a ship sponsored excursion.

Terri

Archived