Help me choose between 2 cruises

SugarAim2

Hi,

I am looking to book a cruise on Dec. 18th. I've narrowed it down to two crusies:

The new Norwegian Pearl or the Enchantment of the Seas on Royal Carribbean.

So what do you think... We are a group of 20-somethings looking to relax during the day and hang out at shows/ bars, etc. at night. Anyone have a recommendation for us? The price points are about the same, except the RCI is one night longer.

Please help :)

Oh yeah - also, is the lowest inside cabin (deck 4 i think?) terrible???

Thanks so much,

Amy

Hi,

I am looking to book a cruise on Dec. 18th. I've narrowed it down to two crusies:

The new Norwegian Pearl or the Enchantment of the Seas on Royal Carribbean.

So what do you think... We are a group of 20-somethings looking to relax during the day and hang out at shows/ bars, etc. at night. Anyone have a recommendation for us? The price points are about the same, except the RCI is one night longer.

Please help :)

Oh yeah - also, is the lowest inside cabin (deck 4 i think?) terrible???

Thanks so much,

Amy

I would choose Pearl for the newness, the dining options and the Freestyle dining and dress, if that appeals to you. And NCL generally has good entertainment.

I think the cheapest cabin on a brand new is far better than on an older ship; think darker, narrower hallways, old lighting, ceilings, etc. Even though Enchantment has been refurbed, she is still her age.

JMHO.

On the newer NCL ships (those designed with Freestyle dining specifically in mind, e.g., the Pearl), there are usually 10 or so dining venues. A few of them charge a fee; the others don't. Personally, I think the surcharge is nominal and the food and service are easily worth paying for. I just build the fees into the cruise fare when making comparisons.

On the newer NCL ships (those designed with Freestyle dining specifically in mind, e.g., the Pearl), there are usually 10 or so dining venues. A few of them charge a fee; the others don't. Personally, I think the surcharge is nominal and the food and service are easily worth paying for. I just build the fees into the cruise fare when making comparisons.

I agree! I opted for the extra pay restaurants most nights and the small surcharges are well worth the cost! Plus, I prefer a set dining time so it worked well for me!

I would take the longer cruise - the more nights on a ship the better! You'll have fun on either I'm sure as both lines offer what you seem to be looking for. The food on each line is very similar - each ship does some items better and worse than others but you aren't going to starve.

Whatever you chose have a wonderful time!

i can only comment on the enchantment. it was WONDERFUL! the cruise director in oct 2004 was soooo much fun. went on a different RC ship and cruise director was a bore. entertainment/cruise director is most important to me. our goal was to party and play! enchantment was great!

SugarAim2, if you go with the Enchantment...there's a Cruise Critics group cruise going on that date. I just looked at the group page and it says sold out. A friend of mine is leading that group so I'll drop her an email and ask her if there are any cabins open. If you can book through the group, you'll get the perks that go with it.

Here's the link just in case: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=89

As for your question about the inside cabin....you're hardly ever in your cabin so I don't think it will make much of a difference to you. The inside cabins are dark and small regardless of if you're on deck 2 or deck 8.

Whichever you decide to go with, have fun! :D

SugarAim2 - Hello, I am Barb (kruhmkidz) and I am on the Enchantment of the Sea 18 December. We would love to have you join us on the Enchantment- If you are still interested you can contact Kevin at Crucon.

We are a pretty fun group. You can find our thred on the Group board.

Please come join us.

Barb:)

I personally think RCL blows away NCL. I have been on 2 NCL's and 7 RCL's. If the NCL is $500 a person less, then I would consider that line. If you want great service and much better entertainment, etc. then RCL is the line to choose. Either way, it will still be a vacation of a lifetime!

Nancy

I personally think RCL blows away NCL. I have been on 2 NCL's and 7 RCL's. If the NCL is $500 a person less, then I would consider that line. If you want great service and much better entertainment, etc. then RCL is the line to choose. Either way, it will still be a vacation of a lifetime!

Nancy

But you are talking about a brand new ship that is state of the art compared to an older ship. In my opinion it isn't the cruise line as much as the catagory of the ship itself. NMnita

We are getting ready to go on our 5th cruise with RCCL. We went on an older ship for our first cruise when we were in our early 20's. We loved it! RCCL provides a perfect mix of relaxation and fun! There are plenty of bars and clubs to keep you busy at night. We have never had a bad experience with RCCL...even when changing ports of call to get out of Katrina's way. After reading some posts about a recent NCL cruise to Bermuda, I would suggest that you really look into RCCL! Good luck and have a great time!

We are getting ready to go on our 5th cruise with RCCL. We went on an older ship for our first cruise when we were in our early 20's. We loved it! RCCL provides a perfect mix of relaxation and fun! There are plenty of bars and clubs to keep you busy at night. We have never had a bad experience with RCCL...even when changing ports of call to get out of Katrina's way. After reading some posts about a recent NCL cruise to Bermuda, I would suggest that you really look into RCCL! Good luck and have a great time!

But you are talking about a brand new ship that is state of the art compared to an older ship. In my opinion it isn't the cruise line as much as the catagory of the ship itself. NMnita

nita is correct, there is a vast difference between the ships themselves, not just the lines.

I am not an NCL fan personally but would try a brand new NCL over an old RCI one IF those were my only two choices.

Archived