Rhapsody Cabin 7512 Waaayyyy up front.

Sophie

Has anyone stayed in 7512 on the Rhapsody? We like the location at the end of the hallway and only having neighbors on one side, especially with the balcony. I've read about the movement we may feel up front but we're willing to try it anyway. We'll take plenty of seasick meds. :) If anyone has ever stayed in this cabin, how did you like it? :)

Hi Sophie....

We have to stop meeting like this :o ..

The other boards are so slow,and I am in prime cruise mode....

We have stayed in 7024 twice,which is port,and 6 cabins back.We have had absolutly no problems.We love that cabin.It has a great view of the flying bridge and we have great pics of the Captain and crew out there!Anyway,we are not very sensitive to motion,so I may be misleading you,but unless it is really rough,Deck 7 is high enough to avoid most of the motion.One great tip I got (i think) like I said,the only time I have gotten sea sick was on a Deep Sea fishing trip out of Port Arthur.:eek: Anyway..as soon as possible on boarding,and after you sail,seek out the horizon,and focus on it.They say it is kinda like "spotting" in dance and gymnastics..helps set your focal point!Word of warning though,if you are in the windjammer,or in the Shall we dance lounge during the day,and its a little rocky....do not stare at the horizon!!

You will love your balcony.The first time I stepped out there at night...it was so surreal..

We are stuck in an inside this time,and I am lacking a bit of enthusiasim.:(

I am looking forward to spending more time outside the room,but that luxurious,pampered feeling is missing!!

Right now,insides for our sailing on Sept 12th are 739...there have been no balconies available since I booked in April (some have come up for 1049 pp,and 399 3rd)...and this is on Priceline.Our ship has become a favorite.Enjoy your room,they are hard to come by:p

Good morning Sophie!

You already know that I haven't been on this ship yet, but we had the furthest forward cabin on Deck 6 when we were on the AOS. We did feel some movement, but mostly noticed it only when we were going to sleep. And I don't remember the last time I slept so well!!! My husband spent a LOT of time on that balcony, and he never mentioned any problems.

I know that the Rhapsody is a smaller ship, but we are still not talking about a Boston Whaler! I don't think you'll need any meds, but having them as insurance is fine (I always try to carry an umbrella so it won't rain.)

We just returned from our trip and our room, 2510, was right on the anchor. It was so loud that it gave me a migrane before we left to tender to Grand Caymen and a really bad migrane as the pick up anchor to leave. It was so bad that I asked for another room but none were available. The forward rooms on the Rhapsody have a lot of motion, not enough to make you sick but you do fall off the toliet every once in a while, we also had a room in the Aft 2318 which was better but you did hear the motor. My kids stayed in that room and it never bothered them. I hope this helps. We had a great trip but will pay more to get a room in the middle and up higher. The beds are very hard on the Rhapsody but you can ask for a mattress topper (foam) and it will help.

The forward rooms on the Rhapsody have a lot of motion, not enough to make you sick but you do fall off the toliet every once in a while

Fall off the toilet...:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious?

Archived