A silly question from a sensitive gal...

bickee

I am very excited about our upcoming cruise in Feb that stops in Costa Maya. It seems like a fun port for drinking and chilling on a beach! My problem...I am very affected by animals in need...and I've read a great deal about the hungry, homeless dogs that roam. Honestly, will I see a lot of them? Will it plague me the entire time? I know it seems silly, but I know myself and if it saddens me then it will ruin my day. Can someone give me a gist of what I'll see and encounter? Man I wish I wasn't so darn sensitive!

We were there in 01/05 and we didn't see any homeless dogs, at least not that I can remember. We might have seen one on the beach in the fishing village? It wasn't a big problem and I think it is great that you are so sensitive to dogs.:)

I was in Costa Maya this past Friday (9/8). There are several dogs in town, but I only saw a couple that looked like food was ever an issue. My wife and I ate at the Cat's Meow and talked to the Canadian owner Barbara. She told us that most of the dogs are semi-community property and have free run of the town.

Yes, you will see loose dogs, but you don't need to worry about being overwhelmed with emotion. Enjoy your time there. It is a great place!

When i was in Majuhaul there were quite a few dogs and one came up to me on my beach chair...I gave him nacho chips as he laid his head in my lap......yes some are a tad thin and i did fell bad but it didn't spoil my time there until i was leaving ......then i felt pretty sad.....Hope this doesn't scare you but its true

Archived