2 Questions about Paradise

tiller

First post here! My mom and I are going on a 4-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Paradise next month, and we have a few questions.

1. Is afternoon tea served on the Paradise?

2. Are hair dryers provided in the staterooms? Does it depend on what type of stateroom you have? We'll be in an oceanview on the Riviera deck, if that matters.

3. Does anyone have/know of a photo of the wine list? I'm curious about the selections and prices (bottles and glasses).

Thanx in advance! This will be my first cruise since I was a kid, so I'm really looking forward to it.

First post here! My mom and I are going on a 4-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Paradise next month, and we have a few questions.

1. Is afternoon tea served on the Paradise?

I couldn't find it on my Carnival Capers from last year, but maybe someone else will know...

2. Are hair dryers provided in the staterooms? Does it depend on what type of stateroom you have? We'll be in an oceanview on the Riviera deck, if that matters.

If there isn't, then you can just ask your cabin steward to get you one...

But they're not great, if you need something specifically strong or good, then you should pack your own...

3. Does anyone have/know of a photo of the wine list? I'm curious about the selections and prices (bottles and glasses).

Not full info, but enough to give you an idea...

Champagnes and Wines (Bottle or 6 oz. glass)

Asti, Martin & Rossi (bottle only), Moet & Chandon, White Star (bottle only), Korbel (Brut), White Zinfandel (Woodbridge), White Zinfandel (Beringer), Sauvignon Blanc (Novilo), Fume Blanc (Robert Mondavi), Chardonnay (Woodbridge Twin Oaks), Chardonnay (George Blanc), Chardonnay (Meridian), Chardonnay (Beringer), Pinot Noir (George Blanc), Merlot (Colombia Crest), Zinfandel (Fetzer), Shiraz (Black Opal), Cabernet Sauvignon (Woodbridge Twin Oaks), Cabernet Sauvignon (Meridian), Champagne Mimosa (glass only), Champagne Cocktail (glass only)

Thanx in advance! This will be my first cruise since I was a kid, so I'm really looking forward to it.

No problem, pack a good attitude, and you'll have a great time!

CJW

PS Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Just off Paradise today... But can you believe I only have one answer for you ? My stateroom on Main Deck #25 didn't have a hair dryer...

Expecting a review then SouthBayer!;)

When you recover...

But you were on the 3 day (weekend), which has a different schedule than the 4 day (weekday)...

Hopefully you had a great time!:D

CJW

Hi tiller:

I just got back Friday from 4 days on the Paradise.

No hair dryer in my cabin which was a catagory 12. I had my own as I never like the ones that are usually provided.

As for afternoon tea.... You could order room service or go to the Paris Cafe and get it there.

We enjoyed this cruise & I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Bon Voyage,

Ruthann

Hi tiller:I just got back Friday from 4 days on the Paradise. No hair dryer in my cabin which was a catagory 12. I had my own as I never like the ones that are usually provided. As for afternoon tea.... You could order room service or go to the Paris Cafe and get it there. We enjoyed this cruise & I'm sure you'll have a great time! Bon Voyage,Ruthann

Side note...

Please, please, please,....

Can you give a review, info, and pictures on your Category 12 cabin here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925#post6392925

Thanks in advance, you will help future Cruise Critic members..

CJW

Hi Tiller. My only cruise on the Paradise was last November, but I can't imagine that much has changed.

There was a hairdryer in our OV cabin, bottom drawer of dresser. It was fine for my short hair, but DD has long hair, so it was a good thing she brought her own. Not much power.

'Tea Time' was available on sea day afternoon. It was in one of the smaller lounges (can't remember name), around 3:30 in the afternoon.

We each took a large bottle of wine, so can't help w/wine prices.

Yes, tea is served last day in a small lounge. It was very nice.(if you like tea go on Princess - tea is served EVERY day) Wine prices - bottles range from $20 for Woodbridge Twin Oaks Chardonnay & Cabernet to $69 for White Star Champagne. Glasses range from $4.75 for the Woodbridge Chard & Cab to $7.75 for Mondavi Fume Blanc ($31/ bottle). I have full list if you have a specific wine you are interested in.

yeah buddy, I didn't post a review of my three day.... It does take CC about 4-8 weeks to post it... But I have sailed twice on paradise last year, both 4 days, and I believe I have a review on that if you like to check it out!

Expecting a review then SouthBayer!;)

When you recover...

But you were on the 3 day (weekend), which has a different schedule than the 4 day (weekday)...

Hopefully you had a great time!:D

CJW

Archived