Why I'm glad my cruise is over

First of all, this is not an anti-RCI rant. Along with many of you, I was on the Mariner 9/3 sailing, and overall we had a marvelous time. But now I'm suffering from major PCD, so I'm trying to focus on the short list of things I actually prefer about life off a cruise ship. Maybe some of you who are in my shoes can find something to smile about. :)

1. I can get COLD water out of the faucet.

2. I can drink that water without bloating.

3. I don’t have to worry about inconveniencing my steward by being in my house at certain times of the day.

4. There are no drunks in my hot tub.

5. When I’m sitting on my patio, my neighbors are more than ten feet away.

6. When I’m sitting on my patio, my dog can sit next to me and my kitty can sit on my lap.

7. I can make a phone call whenever I feel the need.

8. I can use the internet without counting the minutes.

9. Four words: five hundred television channels.

10. Three words: twenty percent humidity!! :) :) :)

Fitz, I love you. We must cruise together one of these days! ;)

La Croisiere, I feel your pain. :D

There is still room on our upcoming cruise. And I think you will find that everyone on our roll call is about as crazy as I am. :D

I thought the OP had a cute way of trying to find the good in returning home from the cruise. We all love to be back home when we get here, but sometimes its hard to get the head back onto the body...when the head is still on the ship.

Thanks for the smiles.

Yep...best take Wrona's advice and follow the link to the MOS...You will most definitely fit right in:D Only 793 hours (as I post this) hours to go until I have to begin my countdown (180 hours) to my own case of PCD:p (the wife will be looking forward to getting home to her Yorkies...her number one complaint... she has to leave 'em behind):rolleyes:

DUH!!!!! She was just having some fun.. After you've been on these boards for a while, you will appreciate her humor.

Thanks Nan, and everybody else who got it . . . perhaps I am an acquired taste, as you said. ;)

Maybe I should have put my first paragraph in italic, bold, underlined, red letters in a 40-pt. font -- think that would help? :p

Wrona and Coyote, excellent advice. It has been too long. See ya soon . . .

Shirleygr, now that I looked at your countdown, it appears that we are cruising at the same time. So we will not be able to join one another. :(

Oh, now that's too bad. I've got a lot planned though. Check out my siggy. Maybe in sometime in the future. :)

Maybe I should have put my first paragraph in italic' date=' bold, underlined, red letters in a 40-pt. font -- think that would help? :p

[/font']

Frankly I don't think some people would get it if you put it on a 40 FOOT sign in neon.

The ship's doctor told me about the newest in PCD treatment-it's called PTCT Therapy-stands for Post-Traumatic Cruise-Ticker Therapy-

by designing a new ticker, you release endorphans in the brain that combat depression and promote happiness-:D

Therefore, your medical insurance should cover the cost of your next cruise, because the ticker is being used for medicinal purposes, and you can't have a ticker without a cruise...

Perscription: Book another cruise, make a new ticker, and submit it to your insurance carrier immediately-you'll be fine.

LOL

Feel your pain, la_croisiere_s'amuse-- on plane, after first cruise experience and as PM mealtime approached, the members of my family stared at each other in sudden horror as the realization hit that we would have to determine what to have for dinner that evening... ALL ON OUR OWN! :eek:

We then composed our "reasons not to cruise list" to console ourselves on the rest of the journey home. Thanks for the chuckles...:)

HAHAHAHAHA That was most enjoyable. I can think of other reasons to be glad your cruise is over:

You can do your laundry whenever you want.

You can get mail, open it and pay bills.

You can do your own cooking and serve yourself:D

Ewwww! I don't like doing those things...EVER! :D

I'll be very sad when my next cruise is over....even tho I have open bookings on Princess, DH says don't book a cruise for next year because I want to drive out west....WWAAAAA :eek:

How will I ever survive, we have been cruising at least twice a year, sometimes more for many years now.

Archived