What Dinner time to pick

MonkeySea

Tom, you might want to call your booking agent and request late. As I'm sure somebody said above, once on board, you can always request a different time if the assignment they give you isn't what you want or requested.:)

We have only cruised with the kids so far, so we have always done early seating (requesting not the earliest one, 5:45, which is too early, but the 6:15 time). In December, it's just and another couple so we have requested 8 pm seating.

With the early seating, it is a little rushed on port days (as others have noted), but I could never get my kids to wait to eat till 8 pm. I realize that they can eat elsewhere on the ship, but I do want to have dinner with them in the dining room.

I'll be able to compare early/late better after this next cruise.

• 1 month later...

What are the dining times on the Conquest? I requested one of the early times and my itinerary reads, "Second seating."

Not sure what time that is, 5:45 or 6:15 or even later? I would like one of these earlier times because that gives me an excuse to hit the late night pizza and burgers.

What are the dining times on the Conquest? I requested one of the early times and my itinerary reads, "Second seating."

Not sure what time that is, 5:45 or 6:15 or even later? I would like one of these earlier times because that gives me an excuse to hit the late night pizza and burgers.

hmmm, maybe 2nd seating means 2nd seating for the early time.

Dont think I recall that dinner time is called 2nd seating..

its usually called main seating or late seating. (thats why i say you got the second early time)

But dining times are request only-- you wont find out til you are on the ship to see what you actually have-- it it is not what you wanted--- visit the matre de as soon as he is available to get it changed.

What itinerary are you looking at? Is this something from your PVP or TA or an official Carnival document?

TA

Exp---- dot coooooooooooommmmmm

I could hear it in my head when reading it. LOL :) I was just wondering because I have never seen it on any of my documents either from the TA or from Carnival. I even pulled out my current docs to check. I also like early dinner to allow for before bedtime snacks (Ok if you can call a sandwich or pizza a snack.:o ):D

There is:

"early/main first seating" - 5:45

"early/main second seating" - 6:15

...first and second seatings for late as well.

That is what I was thinking.......Second seating for early (6:15)

Oh well, doesn't really matter, I won't go hungry no matter what time I'm supposed to eat.

Archived