First time on NCL

mack320

We just book with NCL-Pride of Aloha for the 3/4/07 sailing. I am a little concerned with the reviews I've been seeing. I've only been on one other cruise and that was a RC-Adventures of the Seas cruise. I love that, what have I gotten myself into?

We just book with NCL-Pride of Aloha for the 3/4/07 sailing. I am a little concerned with the reviews I've been seeing. I've only been on one other cruise and that was a RC-Adventures of the Seas cruise. I love that, what have I gotten myself into?

Although I have not been on the Pride of Aloha I did cruise on the Pride of America. Our last three cruises have been with ncl and we are hooked. We cannot say enough good things about them. We love the freestyle dining, the service was fabulous, great shows at night. A cruise is what you make it and someone can always find something to complain about.

We have booked our 4th NCL cruise for this December. We keep coming back due to the great service! NCL has never disappointed us when it comes to customer service! The wait staff has always been awesome, our cabins have always been clean, our cabin stewards have always been very attentive to our needs, the food has always met our expectations, the shows are entertaining, the ports have always been awesome! Need I say more? As someone has already rightfully pointed out...your cruise will be what you make it!

Don't panic! Read the reviews with a grain of salt. There are some valid issues (e.g. service will NOT be the same or as efficient as it is on the internationally crewed ships but many people seem to be able to handle that). Be flexible and don't expect it to be the same as your last cruise. Hawaii is wonderful and you will be spending a lot of time onshore.

BTW - I have not been on an NCLA cruise but I have read a lot of reviews and comments. People who are flexible and positive and realize that the point of this cruise is seeing a lot of Hawaii in a short period of time (rather than the pampered cruising experience) seem to be having a better time than people who have a very rigid concept of what a cruise should be like.

my daughter chose this trip as her graduation present and I don't want her to be dissapointed in it. We've been waiting for a year and a half and are both very excited. :)

We always cruise with my 16 year olds daughter and she loves it. Hawaii was our favourite cruise. I asked her if she had a choice would she go back to the other cruise lines or stick with ncl and she said her first choice would always be ncl.

You will be fine as long as you are willing to go with the flow. This cruise is a great way to visit the islands. You will be spending most of your daytime hours off the ship seeing the wonderful and amazing sights on the islands. (Just don't be like so many we saw, it seemed on every island all they did was get on the shuttle to go to Walmart! :eek: )

I recommend that you get a good idea of what you want to do well before you leave and either book your excursions in advance, reserve your rental car, plan out your day or whatever.

If you have a specialty restaurant that you want to visit, make your reservation shortly after boarding the ship. On other days, if the main restaurants have a long wait, do the buffet or get pagers to both restaurants.

In the evenings, most people wind down fast. Between the time difference, active days, and usually getting up early, many people are ready to relax and go to bed after dinner and a show or a cocktail in one of the lounges.

We had a wonderful time on PoAm and would consider doing this cruise again in a couple years.

We always cruise with my 16 year olds daughter and she loves it. Hawaii was our favourite cruise. I asked her if she had a choice would she go back to the other cruise lines or stick with ncl and she said her first choice would always be ncl.

carontori

I will be taking my 16 yr old granddaughter on the Pride of Aloha in Dec. I would be interested in knowing if your daughter participated in the Teen club activities and if she liked it. How many teens were in her group? Although we will be touring part of each day, is there enough on-board activities to keep a teen interested. Do they have trivial pursuit-type games?

Dee

carontori

I will be taking my 16 yr old granddaughter on the Pride of Aloha in Dec. I would be interested in knowing if your daughter participated in the Teen club activities and if she liked it. How many teens were in her group? Although we will be touring part of each day, is there enough on-board activities to keep a teen interested. Do they have trivial pursuit-type games?

Dee

My daughter went to the teen club a few times but prefered to do things on her own or with us. There was always plenty to do onboard including trivia, movies, lei making, crafts, hula lessons etc. We had 5 days at sea since we were on the inaugural cruise from San Francisco and were kept so busy we couldn't do everything we wanted to!

Don't panic, don't worry. I think cruising hawaii is a little different; mayb not quite like transportation from island to island, but it will not be as formal or as personal as your last cruise. Does this mean you will not have a good time? Absolutely not. As long as you realize it wouldn't be quite the same. I have had cliants that have cruised the Pride of America and loved every minute of the cruise. In fact a few have liked it better than RCI. NMnita

Archived