Question for Recent Victory Cruisers

LesaL

I am booked for the 7 day New England Canada cruise leaving on September 23. Unfortunately I seem to have injured my back. While I am not incapacitated, it has slowed me down considerably and left me weak in the legs.

I know this is a really big ship and I have been studying the deck plan and most of the public areas and the dining room I have been assigned to are fairly accessible from my cabin. My question is where do you disembark for the ports? Is the same place each time?

Lesa

We just got back off the Victory and the ship is hard to navigate at times. There are only two decks with items of interest that you can go from one end to the other 5 and 9. Decks with only rooms you can go from one end to the other with no problem (But it doesn't mean there is an elevator at the other end)....

With that said, we still had problems finding our way to the Pacific Dining room. We thought we were far enough back in the ship and we weren't so we would go up a deck, etc. There were also people looking for the Atlantic that ended up at the Pacific. Every one was complaining about the layout of the ship. Don't get me wrong the ship was great and so was the cruise, it is just the layout and that only two floors go from one end to the other.

We docked at St. Johns and Halifax and each time we got off it was a different place. St. John tides raise and fall approximatley 30 ft so depending on where the tide is when you get there will decide where you get off. Some of the exits were rather 'Flat' uphill or downhill grades and other times they were rather steep. It just all depends. Since you will be stopping in other ports, I would assume they would be the same as Halifax (Disembark on the Starboard side on Level 3). I know this is a long winded answer, just wanted to give you my point of view (Dining Rooms especially).

Long winded answers are fine, the more information I have the better prepared I will be. My cabin is all the way forward on the Riveria Deck, going economy as usual. I have been assigned to the Atlantic Dining Room, which looks like it can be accessed from either the lobby or atrium depending on what level my table is located.

Thanks for the information.

Lesa

Archived