QM2 4 day cruise 1/6/07

lovetheocean21

Just booked the 4 day cruise on the QM2 out of Florida to St. Thomas on 1/6/07. I'm so excited - Did the 8 day one last year and loved it.

Just wondering if anyone else booked yet. They seem to have good prices. Got a B4 hull balcony for 798.00

Can't wait to go!

I'm going to try to do all the 4 day ones out of NYC next year as well to the Bahamas. I love th QM2.

Dave from NJ

Yea, I went ahead and did it! My friend John and I will be in a guaranteed

P-3.

We're staying in the neighborhood after the cruise is over to watch both Cunarders sail from Port Everglades that evening. Does anyone know of a hotel that would be convient for watching this event? Or would it be best just to take a taxi to the end of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and watch from there?

I'm staying at the National Hotel on South Beach on Collins Avenue.

BEAUTIFUL Hotel - Stayed there two years ago - You can see them from the beach or just walk down to the end of the beach and the ships sail right by you while you sit on the rocks - you can almost touch them.

We are doing the same thing we want to see them sail out.

Just walk from the hotel on the beach down and what a view you will have. We are going to stay 3 nights in Miami after the cruise.

Dave from NJ

I'm also considering the 1/6 QM2. Have tried talking it up w/ a couple of my friends; but no one seems ready to commit at the moment. I just wondered how the availability was looking right now. Whether there might be any mid price cabins available if we waited much longer to book. The 4 day out of NYC also excites me because I've always wanted to visit Eleuthera. You just can't find ships that make a stop there.

Anyway, to answer your question about staying over in FLL & watching the ships depart Port Everglades. I believe the QM2 is heading Transatlantic to Southampton at the end of this cruise. So, I don't think they'll be swinging down far enough south to get a good look from the South Beach area. There are quite a few hotels in a varied range of prices on FLL Beach you might consider. There's the upscale Hyatt Pier 66. A couple of Marriot Hotels & a Sheraton. Hopefully you can find something reasonably priced being as it's "high season" but mid week. Maybe I'll be sailing w/ y'all. Sure hope so.

I know that I'm a few days early, but yesterday I charged final payment for this cruise. I'm now in the same credit card billing cycle that the actual due date rests, so Cunard can use Mastercard's money for awhile. Maybe Cunard can buy some proper red paint for the stack with the extra interest they earn!;)

Hi everyone - i only just found out i will be experiencing the QE2 for the very 1st time, Jan2 southampton to NYC. I will be on my own which is quite daunting, and I'm going to say its a little scary! Im moving to New York so I wanted to do it in a bit of style..Is there much to do onboard her for a single 29 year old woman??

Archived