Lost Docs Question

sgriff17

Well a group of 12 of us are sailing on the Empress this weekend from Philadelphia. I was in charge of organizing and booking this family vacation and received the documents from the head office of the agency (I am a part time t/a) last week. They were held until all were received and since I already had the booking number, I wasn't too concerned. Well I sent the two books up to my relatives who live in the Philadelphia/Wilmington area vis UPS on Monday - my aunt is a teacher and her pricipal wants to see "proof" that she is actually going. Well UPS couldn't get the address right even though I called them and told them the ORIGINAL one was correct and even had my relatives contact phone number on the form, the proceeded to deliver it to somewhere in Elkton, MD. It was guarenteed to arrive on Tuesday afternoon and it is NOW Wednesday afternoon and UPS still hasn't called me back to state exactly where the package is because I know for sure it isn't in Wilmington - the status says "delivered," which it is, but NOT to the right location. Sorry UPS vent.

Well that being said, I contacted RCCL and the rep stated not to worry that the hard docs are not needed as long as they have the proper identification. One has already filled out the SeaPass and printed it out, while the other booklet goes to my grandmother who is 87 - needless to say she does not have a computer. Anyone had any issues of not having the hard docs at check-in? Any problems? RCCL did say that I could call up on Thursday or Friday if UPS had not corrected the problem and they can get luggage tags at the pier and have the documents there for them - not sure if they will be another set or what.

Anyway, what is your experience with this, if any?

THANKS!!!

Mrs. Sgriff17

I thought sending UPS would be better than the USPS since they have a tracking number and are normally very good with delivering things on time and to the correct address!:confused:

No hard docs are needed (altho I always take them :rolleyes: ), they only use my set-sail pass that I print out. And yes, you can get luggage tags from the baggage handlers right in front of the terminal, so all is a go! Don't worry about a thing, and have a great cruise!

P.S. For grandma - why don't you (or whoever is travelling with her), input and print out the info for her and carry it with your own docs? I think all you need is her res/booking # and fill in the rest of her info - it'll make it quicker for her at check-in (and you all too!).

My past few cruises, I had my hard copy docs but didn't need them. All they wanted was my setsail and id's (and credit card, of course). You can always get luggage tags at the pier. As far as your grandmother goes, are her docs mia as well? I'm not sure after reading your post. If so, you could always fill out the setsail for her and bring it with you. HTH

I run my own business and I deal with UPS quiet frequently. Call them right now and ask for a supervisor, calmly explain the situation and tell them they need to track it immediately. I have had them send a driver to the wrong address and driver it directly to the right address and it was 2hours away.

If you don't get any satisfaction then you need to the call corporate in Atlanta Georgia. Actually you just need to mention this to the supervisor that it is your intention and you can't believe how they jump through hoops. Being reported to corporate seems to be a kiss of death at UPS. Also make sure you get first and LAST names and phone exts of anyone you talk to.

They need to make this right for you NOW!!!!

Sue

Yes, sorry if I didn't make it clear - 2 sets of docs were sent in the same envelope to my cousin in Wilmington - her docs (group of 4) and my grandmother's, since they live so close.

Next time I call (third time in a day is the charm right???), I will ask to immediately speak with a supervisor as this is really UNEXCEPTABLE since I 1st put a call in a 11 am and it is now going on 3 pm. I did a search on USPS website and the address is LEGIT, so I don't know how they could royally screw this up. In addition, I did a search of my cousin's husband last name and 1st name on white pages (in Elkton, MD) to see what came up and an address came up - I believe their OLD one from 2 houses prior, but still the phone number has been disconnected...I would have thought UPS would have just used the phone number and contact information provided rather than assuming anything. Urgh! Can you tell I am venting! :D

I understand I don't need the hard docs, but this is beginning to really frustrate me. I am going to demand a refund to the account - I put it on the company account and would reimburse them on my next expense report.

Anyway, I will try and fill the Sea Pass tonight for my grandparents - possibly get my cousin up there to help me in case she doesn't want to give me her CC number over the phone.

Anyway, that is what I thought about the docs - they are more for being there than anything else, but the dear hubby was concerned. He is also freaking out about any little storm that is 1,000 miles away from Bermuda as well, so...

Thanks for calming my worries! :o

Sgriff, were doing Bermuda this weekend also on the Explorer. We actually have a meterologist on our roll call with us and he said it looked pretty good right now. so keep your fingers crossed.

Sue

Will do! :-) It is looking hopeful. The Empress was rerouted to the Bahamas this week and hopefully we won't have to do that since I have been to both islands numerous times. Bermuda here we come! :-) :D

On another note, I just started going back to school to become a teacher and classes just began this week. I have one Monday and Thursday night, so on top of this stress (packing, documents, and weather), I have one more class to get through. Pretty sad that here I am missing the 2nd week of class, but ironically my Monday night's class was canceled already for next Monday and my Thursday night's class won't be meeting in class next session (meet face to face half the time, other half over the internet), so I got lucky! :o

Will do! :-) It is looking hopeful. The Empress was rerouted to the Bahamas this week and hopefully we won't have to do that since I have been to both islands numerous times. Bermuda here we come! :-) :D

On another note, I just started going back to school to become a teacher and classes just began this week. I have one Monday and Thursday night, so on top of this stress (packing, documents, and weather), I have one more class to get through. Pretty sad that here I am missing the 2nd week of class, but ironically my Monday night's class was canceled already for next Monday and my Thursday night's class won't be meeting in class next session (meet face to face half the time, other half over the internet), so I got lucky! :o

I was reading a live report from the Grandeur ( cruise to nowhere that was supposed to go to Bermuda) and they have been rocking and rolling. No evening show because too rough and barf bags out. I don't get seasick but I am hoping for NO storms and calm seas. Good luck with your classes, teaching is not a profession but a calling and I give the teachers so much credit.

When you do the online documentation, just put that she is going to use cash for her on board account, then when she checks in at the terminal she can tell them if she wants to use a cc.

My mom does not have a computer so I always do her online checkin prior to cruise.

The only important item that's lost with the paper docs is your luggage tags. Hopefully you didn't have pre-paid cruise transfers! If not, when you get to the cruise terminal, ask the porters for some of their handwritten luggage tags, and then write your name and cabin number(s) on them. They'll take it from there.

The only important item that's lost with the paper docs is your luggage tags. Hopefully you didn't have pre-paid cruise transfers! If not, when you get to the cruise terminal, ask the porters for some of their handwritten luggage tags, and then write your name and cabin number(s) on them. They'll take it from there.

Yeah that is what the RCCL rep said. The rest of us have to do that anyway since I was able to upgrade us from an inside room to ocean view after documents were shipped.

NO pre-paid transfers as we get to drive to this cruise. Only 4 hours for 6 of us from Richmond and then the remaining 6 (well 6 1/2 - we have 1 2 year old in the party) live about 20 min from the port (Philadelphia & Media). :D :D

Thanks to saying good luck in my teaching profession. I come from a family of teachers - my mom is a elementary PE teacher and her mother (who is turning 88 on this cruise) was a PE teacher and ALL 3 of her children are PE teachers. Ha! What are the chances of that! I also have several other cousins who are PE teachers in addition to other teachers, so I will fit right in with Elementary Ed. I am currently in the business world, actually portfolio manager, so I am totally out of my element, but I think I will love every minute of the transition! (I hope so at least!) Thanks again!

As an agent of 12 years, I have found the only way to deliver docs to clients is by Fedex. UPS always has problems. FEDEX can track and redirect in an instant.

But as everyone has said..you don't need the docs for embarkation. Have a great cruise!

Thanks - yeah the home agency sent them to me and I just thought they would have fun looking at them - little did I know. I think my DH jinxed me on this one. Still think it is odd that they delivered it to an address she lived at SEVEN years ago.

Thanks - yeah the home agency sent them to me and I just thought they would have fun looking at them - little did I know. I think my DH jinxed me on this one. Still think it is odd that they delivered it to an address she lived at SEVEN years ago.

This is really strange. You had the correct address and phone number on the shipping label, and UPS delivered instead to a former address?

I've had problems with DHL, but UPS has generally received pretty reliable. Now I gotta wonder.

This is really strange. You had the correct address and phone number on the shipping label, and UPS delivered instead to a former address?

EXACTLY! How does that make ANY sense? To further the wierdness of this all - the ONLY way we could imagine UPS delivering it to my cousin's old address (of 7 years ago..) was if that's the only thing they have in their DB for her. Well, I also found out today that she gets items delivered to her present home almost weekly - from UPS - so they MUST HAVE her address.

I don't get it :confused:

Archived