San Diego Port - Parking Question

wizard-of-roz

We were in San Diego at the end of June and the parking lot across the street from the terminal was still there. I think the price is $12 a day. You can drop off your bags and drive accross the street, park your car and walk back to the terminal. It is not a long walk unless you have trouble walking.

You can also enjoy a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn on the Bay, watch the ship come in that morning, pay $18 a day for underground parking, and have the hotel van drop you off right in front of the terminal and pick you up upon your return. We unload our bags at the hotel lobby, get the car, pack up and head home. Much more convenient than walking across the street upon return to retreive your car and fighting the traffic at the pickup curb.

We have sailed out of both San Pedro and San Diego and we much prefer San Diego. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, you can park in the 5 star lot across the street too. It's probably way more convenient, but I'm pretty sure it is about a block walk, so just making sure that will work for you.

I too have cruise out of San Pedro and Long Beach a million times...I love sailing out of San Diego...it does help that it's a 15 minute drive from my house.

Let me ask you, bonstersd and others, about shopping for contact lens solution, mouthwash, sunscreen, some wine, cheese and fruit for the evening and that sort of thing. I've been thinking about saving space and weight in my suitcase.

I'll be at the Holiday Inn across from the cruise terminal the day before we sail. It looks as though there's a Ralph's grocery store not too far away. Is that doable? I'm not worried about walking somewhere as long as there are safe pedestrian crossings and sidewalks.

I haven't been to San Diego in ever so long, but I do remember how beautiful it is.

Thanks!

May4: The Ralphs is a pretty good walk from the Holiday Inn, but it is quite doable, not to mention there are those handy-dandy peddycabs for the walk back to the hotel if necessary! There is also a Long's Drug Store at Horton Plaza Mall (it's on the bottom floor of the mall--just ask anyone around) that has almost everything, except the cheese. There are some really good Italian deli's in Little Italy as well (Little Italy is just a bit North of the Holiday Inn). I'll think of some more stuff too....but I have to leave now.

Yes, that's just like what I needed to know. I will take your advice. The St. Petersburg Times reports temps in the 60's and low 70's for San Diego today. That sounds heavenly.

Actually, yesterday it was about 80 and today we are getting a "Santa Ana" and it will be considerably warmer...not bad, except the stadium where the SD Chargers play will be really hot! I guess I'll have to have a few more cold beers.

The weather in SD usually "perfect," but our rainy season is the winter, mostly January and February. It does get colder in the fall and winter too, especially at night. I never leave the house without a sweater, even in the summer. But, I think 71 is cold and 78 is hot...go figure.

Archived