Lido Deck Music

star10

Last year we were on the Victory... we had an awesome time... however one complaint that we still laugh about today, is the music on the lido deck. They had one (God awful) tape that they played over and over again. One part of it actually skipped! It was soooo annoying, and very loud. We were actually relieved when it was over and we had peace for 5 or so minutes before they rewound the tape again...

Please tell me that the Liberty has some better music... or at least 2 tapes?

I don't even spend much time on Lido...however, there was either a Caribbean band playing or someone spinning some tunes every time I made it up there ...I don't remember a tape. (perhaps I just did not pay attention)

We've always had a lido deck band... now, when they are not playing, there is HORRENDOUS music piped in... ugh!! If I heard "my heart will go on" one more time on our last cruise, I was going to scream! LMAO!!!! Last cruise the weather wasn't so great so the lido band didn't play as much... hoping for MUCH better weather next month and LOTS of great calypso music :D

That is why I always travel with my MP3 player anf ear phones....listen to my music, read a book and down a few drinks.

Back in May I had my Sirius Boom box with a splitter and 4 head phones (for my wife and our friends) up on the F-Deck. The others up there asked me what it was and asked If I minded unplugging the ear phones. So we listened to Radio Margaritaville all day up there.

Always be prepared and take steps to make YOUR trip enjoyable to YOU.:D

Yep, same music over and over.......and when they do have the lido deck band.......after awhile they play the same music over and over...........I mean they only know so many songs and after seven days of the same band......:eek: That is one of the things we put on our comment card.

"Please change up the bands during the week"

Even in the clubs......after so many nights of the same thing:eek:

Yep, same music over and over.......and when they do have the lido deck band.......after awhile they play the same music over and over...........I mean they only know so many songs and after seven days of the same band......:eek: That is one of the things we put on our comment card.

"Please change up the bands during the week"

Even in the clubs......after so many nights of the same thing:eek:

I have always had a Lido Deck band and yes...the same music repeated...this did not stop me from having a blast and dancing though :)

ANd when the band was not playing the piped in music has varied from bad to fun but also repeated over and over.

I usually bring my CD player with headphones for out on deck and small speakers for the cabin but I forgot them on may last cruise and really noticed the music issue! I will definetly have the MP3 player in November!

yeah sadly, the braintrust in ballparks, outdoor venues, and cruiselines think, and I do mean think, we wanna hear hip hop music...........NOT

On a cruise, I want to hear a live band, and with carribbean music playing..Not some recorded music, if you have that, you might as welll not even play anything.

Am I right, or wrong here ?

yeah sadly, the braintrust in ballparks, outdoor venues, and cruiselines think, and I do mean think, we wanna hear hip hop music...........NOT

On a cruise, I want to hear a live band, and with carribbean music playing..Not some recorded music, if you have that, you might as welll not even play anything.

Am I right, or wrong here ?

You are RIGHT!!! I want some steel drums and reggae music on the Lido! yeah!:mad:

If I hear Buffalo Soldier one more time I'm gonna vomit all over the lido deck!

I swear that was like one of three songs they played over and over again by the pool.

ObjectServer?table=Images&id=12002

Better travel with one of these then. Even on the trip to Canada, I heard it!

love that song...

vincenzo:)

Archived