Marcello's "3rd Driver" on Naples Tour? Is it worth booking?

Hi Everyone!

We have started late getting in contact with people for tours on our Galaxy 7/2/04 trip and as suggested we called Marcello Maresca. Unfortunately, his tour and his other drivers tour is booked and he suggested another person (sorry I do not know his name)to us that would follow his itenary. My question is : Is his itinary worth it with a guide we do not know? Or should we look elsewhere (does anyone have any suggestions?) and perhaps we will have some better luck with another person.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa icon_smile.gif

We booked Gennaro, who owns Sorrento Limo, last October. He was great and we had a really wonderful day with him as our guide. I think you will be very pleased with him, as well.

sorrentolimo.com

I hope everything works out for you. Have a great time!

Thank you for all your help!

I would love to hear why each of you chose your particular guide and what your itinerary was with each and how you found them.

Thanks again!

Melissa icon_smile.gif

I really love to research and prepare for any trip we take. This was our first cruise and visit to Europe. I was determined to make it as wonderful and memorable as I could. In fact, it took me over a year to plan the pre-cruise stay in Venice, private guides at almost every port we stopped in, and post cruise trip through Tuscany, Florence and Rome. About 85-90% of our trip consisted of the use of private guides.

I had heard really glowing reviews of Sorrento Limo and Genarro, the owner. He exceeded my expectations. We spent the day driving along the magnificent Amalfi Coast, with many stops along the way. The awesome scenery of the Amalfi Coast is not to be missed. Genarro was an outstanding guide.

I wish you a memorable and enjoyable trip. You will love Italy!

We used Sorrento Limo last summer but had Mario for a driver. We had a wonderful day. He was a little nervous at first but turned out to be great. He even took us to his own home which has been in his family for centuries. We saw his vineyard, homemade sausages, and his family.

It's almost impossible to NOT have a great time at this port. It's so beautiful along the Amalfi coast and the lunch in Ravello serving homemade pasta was fantastic. The Italian wedding reception going on in the next room was a site to behold.

In other words, we had a ball.

Hi!

Thanks for everyone's responses again.. We decided to throw the dice and go with the third driver with Marcello. I'll report back and let everyone know what we thought!!

Wish us luck!!

Melissa icon_smile.gif

Archived