Souveniers?

SunshneNC

I'm trying to figure out where the best place would be to buy simple souveniers such as tshirts, etc. The ports I will be going to will be Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turks. Which one is the best? What kind of price range are souveniers also?

Thanks!!:p

Nassau has the cheapest souvenir prices overall. If you want generic BAHAMAS t-shirts you can find them starting at 3 for $10 from straw market vendors and also at booths up at the water tower/Fort Fincastle.

Now if you want a t-shirt that says GRAND TURK or TURKS & CAICOS you've got no choice but to buy them at Grand Turk. If you want to buy a shirt that refers to HMC, you'd have to get that at the little shop there, or perhaps at the logo store on board the ship. Basically, anything with the place name you're going to have to buy at that place. Anything generic is best purchased at Nassau for the best prices and variety of goods.

BobK/Orlando

:) Thank you that helps me out alot. What other things can I expect to see when I am at Nassau?

Sun wraps and Sun Dresses seemed to be popular in the souvenir shops in Nassau.

The t-shirts, keychains, etc.... were extremely generic and probably the exact same ones you'll see in Florida, etc... with the name simply changed to say Bahamas.

My Wife usually buys little gifts for the girls in her office, so since the usually souvenirs were so generic, she wound up buying 5 beach wraps for $6 each.

Definitely don't miss the beauty that is the Queen's Staircase and the view from the Fort at the top of the staircase. (unfortunately the watertower there is closed for repairs as of this past Tuesday when we were there)

Bill

Archived