Carnival v. Princess

CruisinCanuck63

I am considering a Princess cruise (at the right price of course) and having only sailed Carnival, was wondering if those in the know could point out some of the subtle and not so subtle differences between the two lines i.e. food, shows, decor, crowd, etc.

As you can see I have sailed both ends of the spectrum on CCL (Liberty and Celebration) and am considering the Golden Princess.

Also, if anyone knows what perks a past CCL cruiser gets when booking with Princess that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am considering a Princess cruise (at the right price of course) and having only sailed Carnival, was wondering if those in the know could point out some of the subtle and not so subtle differences between the two lines i.e. food, shows, decor, crowd, etc.

As you can see I have sailed both ends of the spectrum on CCL (Liberty and Celebration) and am considering the Golden Princess.

Also, if anyone knows what perks a past CCL cruiser gets when booking with Princess that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't sailed on Princess yet but I booked a New Years cruise with them last month and they do not give you any past guest perks until your 2nd Princess cruise. They did have past a guest price for CCL past guests but it was more than the price I was quoted. Go figure.

On Princess they have open seating 5:30 to 10:00. They also have a small dining with assigned seating an Early and Late seating. I like assigned seating for Dinner but there is a wait list and we are #6. From reading the Princess CC Posts if you want you can reserve seating in the open seating dinning rooms so that's what we will probably do. It's a 15 day cruise to Hawaii and back. I have a GTY balcony and it cost $2549 PP, a little more than I wanted to spend. I'll give them a try. I'm sure we will have a great cruise. No matter what ship we're on we always make our own great time.

Will be on the Glory Oct. 7 and we paid $510 PP for a balcony on the main deck. That's more like it!!!:D

Been on 6 Princess Cruises and 4 Carnival as well as X and RCCL. They are all good. You will find Princess somewhat more subdued but still a of fun. I like the food better on Carnival. Loved the Big out door screen. Gping on the Mircale in 30 days. Cannot wait. My biggest gripe with Princess is that they seen to attract the whinning people in the world.

Have done 4 Princess have my 5th booked for November. I love Princess because it's just nice.....and yes more subdued than Carnival but fun nonethe less. The personal choice dining for us is fabulous because the early seating is a bit early and the late too late....we love that feature. I will be Platinum after this 4th cruise which will entitle me to perks such as free internet, etc. , priority disembarking....I have sailed on 3 Carnival cruises however never on one of the newer ships which my sister says are great. We can have fun on either one as long as we're cruising.

Angie

I have sailed on Princess (Grand Princess) it was a wonderful cruise. I loved the movies under the stars, the shows, the food... the nightlife however was not to exciting after 10:00 everyone is sleeping. So it just depends on what you are after...I have booked on Carnival (Victory) & we are keeping our fingers crossed that this cruise has more to offer the night owls...Princess seems to have an older more reserved crowd...but we had a great time...

Archived