What kind of tape for an ... um ... "lift"?

JanineM

The best method of securing the duct tape or whatever type of tape you are using is to lean forward so the "girls" are hanging and wrap the tape underneath your breasts going from one side to the other. Some of the tape has to be on the underpart of the breast to make a little bit of a cup. You can guesstimate how long a piece of tape you will need.

This is the only way I could go without a strapless bra and they are worthless IMHO as I am a 38D. Have been doing this for years with dressy clothes and formal events and it works......really holds them up where you want them. One of my girlfriends used to be married to a Playboy photographer and this is what they do with the models.

At one time regarding this subject, a fraternity posted a photo on this website of a gal with a strapless dress. She was photographed with several guys and they had their arms streched out around each others' backs. Obviously, she was not aware that by doing this the dress had slipped down and VOILA! you got a real good look at the duct tape. I have had good luck with 3M clear duct tape. Suggest you stay away from the silver just in case any of it shows.

Thanks for all the replies and ideas! We have painter's tape around here, and I also have medical tape in the first aid box, so I'll try those first. If neither of those cut it, then I'll try to get in to Victoria's Secret tomorrow at lunch (cruise departs Sunday!).

I do all my own sewing and am just finishing an alteration of my other formal gown, so if cups would work, I could sew them in. However, I don't think they would work with this dress. And all I really need is a slight lift on one side.

I don't know the exact technique, but figured that I can waste a few yards of tape to see what works. If that doesn't do it, then I'll go uneven!!!

Thanks again everyone!

she was not aware that by doing this the dress had slipped down and VOILA! you got a real good look at the duct tape. I have had good luck with 3M clear duct tape. Suggest you stay away from the silver just in case any of it shows.

I have that picture at home (I am at work now) However here is another one. Just for training purposes only.

tcase.jpg.b29acc1cf2855dcf11451107024f3920.jpg

I don't think the OP was too embarasses or she could have said her friend had that "Problem". Men see woman do stuff to themselves. (as in using superglue for lift) and ask her what is going on. Hence we get educated also. And we men like to pass on that information. And also in case we want a certain body part "lifted"

Gals I was being silly. someof you just dopn't get my sense of humor I guess! I had to rag good ole Kurt a little.

I do although not understand why the OP just could not say her boobs (or breasts) needed lifting!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the dress won't take a bra?????????/ I know Clinton and Stacey say a good bra will fix that problem and it doesmy boobs are "going south" also- but you can't tell it when I wear a bra. That is why I stay away from certain gowns-no duct tape or painters' tape for me!!!!! Although I agree with Kurt-if I was to do that I would want the less painful painter's tape!!!

CURT is a hoot.. but here he was totally just being himself...It is his business to know these things!!

I did not get the feeling the OP was embarassed for herself anyhow, she just did not know how to " word it".

I get the feeling not much embarasses Curt anyhow, at least when it comes to women....;) :D

I am glad you realized I was just teasing ole Kurt!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we need pictures

???????????????????????????????????

NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodness I am well aware of what going south boobs look like-I am 52 years old and have had the progressively more and more sagging boobs for around 10 years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which reminds me-when we were in Martinique in 2000 we did a beach excursion we booked through the ship-a cattamarran picked us up beside the ship. On the cattamarran was this gorgeous 50-60 something age woman, she was a size 4? 6? in a bikini. I was so jealous as she was around 10 years older then me and looked so much better. I weighed at least 30 pounds more then her.

Then when we got to the beach-which topless was allowed-she took her top off-MAJOR gong south-I was not jealous anymore!!!!!!! Unfortunately it was foreshadowing for me I guess?????????????

Gals I was being silly. someof you just dopn't get my sense of humor I guess! I had to rag good ole Kurt a little.

I do although not understand why the OP just could not say her boobs (or breasts) needed lifting!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the dress won't take a bra?????????/ I know Clinton and Stacey say a good bra will fix that problem and it doesmy boobs are "going south" also- but you can't tell it when I wear a bra. That is why I stay away from certain gowns-no duct tape or painters' tape for me!!!!! Although I agree with Kurt-if I was to do that I would want the less painful painter's tape!!!

OP here ... I have no problems saying my breasts could use a bit of a lift for this particular dress. However, my personal belief is that there are certain words or terms that may be better left to personal conversations --- not written on a message board. Guess I was trying to make the posting more friendly to those who may not care to hear discussions of my particular body parts. Next time, I'll use Stacy's term, the "girls".

No, this dress won't take a bra because it has a deep V in front and back (sort of Grecian), so a halter would not work, nor would a strapless.

I also don't mind Curt posting a response --- he has experience with these things, so I appreciate his input!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
OP here ... I have no problems saying my breasts could use a bit of a lift for this particular dress. However' date=' my personal belief is that there are certain words or terms that may be better left to personal conversations --- not written on a message board. Guess I was trying to make the posting more friendly to those who may not care to hear discussions of my particular body parts. Next time, I'll use Stacy's term, the "girls".

No, this dress won't take a bra because it has a deep V in front and back (sort of Grecian), so a halter would not work, nor would a strapless.

I also don't mind Curt posting a response --- he has experience with these things, so I appreciate his input!!! :)[/quote']

Well she's probably gone on her cruise by now but someone in the future might have this same question. I wore a similar dress and actually a couple others with deep v's and low backs.

On recommendation of a friend I went and bought the Invisible Shaping Bra from Victorias Secret (no straps no back, cups only) It worked fabulously. It did take a few repositionings (5 at least) tries for me to get comfortable with it on the first night. Hubby is actually the one that realized what my problem was ;) (didn't take time to try it out before we left) but after that I wore it every evening with my dresses for dinner and even with a strapless top up on deck playing shuffleboard in the heat.

You do have to hold it for a couple of minutes for it to adhere but then you hook the clasp and walla!

Archived